Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

we could of had Zayatte for free 2 years ago!

wouldnt tutch Cameron Jerome and 6mil your joken me.

I would be happy with:

O Hara (4mil)

Joe Ledley (free)

Cameron Jerome (6mil)

Dindane (free?)

KP Boeteng (3mil)

James Perch (2mil)

Zayatte (2mil)

That would leave

Harper/Krul/Forster

Perch/Simpson..........Colo/Tayls/Williamson/Zayate...........Jose/Ledley

Rout/Dindane..............Barton/Smith/Guthrie/KPB/Nolan/Vukic.......Jonas/OHara

....................................Carroll/Jerome/Loven/Shola....................................

Heavy in the middle of the park but think KPB would give us legs and lungs

for an outlay of 17mil

Gaitán looks class, but I'm always wary of Argentine playmakers moving to Europe, even more so to England. The tempo in that league is as slow as police cars in Hollywood movies.

Agree. I think it's risks like that we need to avoid to stay up on a small budget.

Guest Heneage

Just stoking the fire, but Riquelme? A slow playmaker with the right protection can work, just depends on the style we want to play. I wonder if we will make one marquee signing.

Just stoking the fire, but Riquelme? A slow playmaker with the right protection can work, just depends on the style we want to play. I wonder if we will make one marquee signing.

Waste of money - no good for the Prem.

Riquelme would be a waste. He was only able to perform in La Liga when the entire Villarreal side was built around him (and basically the same side made 2nd when he left). La Liga isn't the pacier league around, and Barça never been the most direct team in it, but watching him for us was frustrating. No movement, no tracking back, easily bullied off the ball, dwelled on the ball way too much, always slow in getting into attacking positions... he does have talents to burn, but you have to acomodate your side for him.

Riquelme is 30+, has retired from international football, and went back to Argentina to see out his career at Boca. If there were a footballing equivalent of a lonely hearts add, his would read "30 something man seeks latino club for fun times, nothing serious. No Europeans or Diegos." And why would he want to play for nobodies like us anyway, aside from big money?

Having said that, it looks like he's on a free, we do have a couple of Argentinians who might help him settle, and he is a quality set piece taker compared to what we currently have...

http://www.southamericanfutbol.com/2010/04/transfers-flamengo-begin-negotiations-for-riquelme/

How about Sacha Kljestan? I've been following his time at Chivas USA and he's a very industrious midfielder and scored a hatrick from USA against Sweeden.

Any Yanks know what number he wears for the US? I'm contemplating getting him on the back of my US shirt.

How about Sacha Kljestan? I've been following his time at Chivas USA and he's a very industrious midfielder and scored a hatrick from USA against Sweeden.

Any Yanks know what number he wears for the US? I'm contemplating getting him on the back of my US shirt.

16, usually. We switch our numbers around often, but I can't think of a time when he wasn't 16.

16, usually. We switch our numbers around often, but I can't think of a time when he wasn't 16.

Cheers. :thup:

Guest toonlass

My mate texted me and said he thinks we are getting Reo-Coker and that he thinks its a canny buy, am I missing something here? Reo-Coker, a decent buy? Really?

Guest neesy111

Butt out Bullard in.. would make sense to do it but I bet we don't

:no:

why pay £3-£4 Million for a 30+ player, that has a injury record that is worse than any player we've ever had

+ we are already stocked up for CM's

Guest toonlass

My mate texted me and said he thinks we are getting Reo-Coker and that he thinks its a canny buy, am I missing something here? Reo-Coker, a decent buy? Really?

any reason why he thinks it?

Have texted him back and asked him why, so now waiting.

any reason why he thinks it?

Have texted him back and asked him why, so now waiting.

coolio