Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Benitez = good signing, glad we all agree and I don't have to liken you to chicken botherers.

So what is the verdict on Taarabt, a tad slow, but has a killer pass on him is my view, also seems to come across as a bit of a tit.

WarCock said he has built the QPR team around him but reckons no PL team will do that.

He also said he's going for 4.5 million and they can't afford that, so he won't be there next season.  That seems a reasonalbe price to me for a player of his age with undoubted quality.

We are going to play Nolan next year as one of the midfield 2. Taarabt is not going to sit on the bench either as he has done that. We need a DM with pace.

Guest toonlass

I'll throw it out there again, if on the cheap: Jason Roberts.

He's hardly prolific is he? And he's something like 32.

He isn't; I wouldn't go for him as your main striker target but I think he'd be great to bring off the bench. He can cut it in this league, no doubt.

Guest Petay

Benitez = good signing, glad we all agree and I don't have to liken you to chicken botherers.

So what is the verdict on Taarabt, a tad slow, but has a killer pass on him is my view, also seems to come across as a bit of a tit.

WarCock said he has built the QPR team around him but reckons no PL team will do that.

He also said he's going for 4.5 million and they can't afford that, so he won't be there next season.  That seems a reasonalbe price to me for a player of his age with undoubted quality.

We are going to play Nolan next year as one of the midfield 2. Taarabt is not going to sit on the bench either as he has done that. We need a DM with pace.

Fair point.  He would be in direct competition with Nolan, and I feel Hughton would be unwilling to drop Nolan.  Playing the two together would be a tad suicidal.

Fair point.  He would be in direct competition with Nolan, and I feel Hughton would be unwilling to drop Nolan.  Playing the two together would be a tad suicidal.

Too slow ones in Butt & Nolan was killer last time, I do believe a midfield can have plodder but not 2.

I noticed the Wardrobe has played a few games on the bounce for Pompey, anyone know what his form has been like & if he is moving with decent speed? I doubt he will ever get back to Fulham form though.

UPDATE: Reads like he has had a shocker of a season: http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/Blues-look-to-cash-in.6261407.jp

Taarabt, man. So much debate on the Spurs sites, so many opinions. For what it's worth, I think he'd be a luxury for you guys and potentially divisive in the changing rooms. If he makes that step up he could be a world-beater, but his head just doesn't seem to be in the right place.

Lovely touch, great vision, two-footed - but can't be buggered to learn when to do the simple things.

Guest Schmocky

Big Eck is trying re-negotiate the Benitez fee that was agreed if everything worked out.

Any idea how much it was?

The Brum Mail: Blues could be ready to try and negotiate a lesser asking price. Santos Laguna, his loaning club, are demanding between $8-$10 million

http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/birmingham-city-fc/birmingham-city-fc-news/2010/05/03/christian-benitez-scores-but-birmingham-city-permanent-deal-still-up-in-the-air-97319-26363606/

I have no idea how much that is :lol:

I would be happy to spend all our money on a good forward and central midfielder with a few free's to fill the rest of the squad, for instance:

Keepers: Harper, Krul, Forster

Right backs: S Taylor, Simpson

Centre backs: Colo, Williamson, Scharner, Senderos

Left backs: Enrique, Kadar

Left wing: Jonas, Ledley

Centre mid: Guthrie, Nolan, Barton, Reo-Coker, Vuckic

Right wing: Routledge, R Taylor

Forwards: Shola, Carroll, Benitez, Lovenkrands, Ranger

Not massively happy with the right wing and would be a little concerned still with CM but the rest is "ok" for the first season back.

Has said he wants to stay in premier league and willing to leave wigan but wants to be assured of a position in midfield.

Was just about to say that ...

I think he'd be a good signing for us. Our central midfielders lack height, Guthrie, Smith and Barton are all no taller than 5'10. He's tall, strong and has enough Premiership experience to do a job for us. We've got to go for him imo, sure he doesn't have the pace that we are going to need in the centre of the park, but he has the robustness. Can play at CB (and probably RB) as well can't he?

O'hara we must go for.

Could we somehow get Kris Boyd?

Clyne for Palace would also be a good option to look at.

Agree with all three of these. O'Hara is pretty much an upgrade of all of our centre-midfielders and Boyd still hasn't signed a new contract has he? Clyne's looked good when I've seen him, can play RB and LB comfortably, will be a lot of clubs after him though. Wish Palace went down now.

Zigic is awful, rather have Carroll.

No he's not, far from it. Last time he got a run of games was at Racing and he scored a very impressive 13 in 19.

Did you just see that miss? He cannot play football, shocking footballer.

So, what do you think? Ireland or Carrick?

:lol:

If the price is correct in NOTW £4 million for Ireland then it is him.  MC would for me be great a signing but it is not going to happen at all......well if England win the W/C & Ash feels flush because everyone has bought loads of Donnay socks socks while buying England tops.

Scharner's leaving Wigan as has been mentioned - he'd be a brilliant signing considering he'd be free, and he'd also be a handy player to have available. I wouldn't imagine he'd demand unreasonable wages either.

Guest toonlass

I think I said Bent, Bentley and Boyd in about 2008. Why NUFC didn't listen to me then is beyond me.

Zigic is awful, rather have Carroll.

No he's not, far from it. Last time he got a run of games was at Racing and he scored a very impressive 13 in 19.

Did you just see that miss? He cannot play football, shocking footballer.

No, you're judging him at a time where his confidence is shockingly low. He's a good player and has a good record everywhere he's been but only when he's been played consistently.

O'hara we must go for.

Could we somehow get Kris Boyd?

Clyne for Palace would also be a good option to look at.

Agree with all three of these. O'Hara is pretty much an upgrade of all of our centre-midfielders and Boyd still hasn't signed a new contract has he? Clyne's looked good when I've seen him, can play RB and LB comfortably, will be a lot of clubs after him though. Wish Palace went down now.

Palace still need aload of moeny and could still go bust, so making a decent bid for Clyne ahead of anyone else would almost garuntee us getting him.

Boyd we would have to sneak in, I'm pretty sure other premiership clubs will be after him, and Rangers will be going all out to try and keep him.

O'hara has basically been told that he's not needed so if we got in first I'm pretty sure we could get him.

All of them (Boyd to a lesser extent) would be very usefull in the future and can still progress.

Can our Norwegians/Scandinavians correspondences let me/us know about Marcus Pedersen

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/nufc/United-tracking-Norwegian-starlet.6270736.jp

Checked his wiki, he's 19, has 15 goals in 33 games which is excellent and is being compared to Wayne Rooney.

Seems like he can bag a few goals from the looks of it.

talking to a norweigan friend of mine and rooney is a comparison he made in his style of play not in same class he also said but good player