Middlesbrough vs Newcastle United - 13/03/10 - pre-match thread

Stifler

Guest toonlass

It's true than my Boro friend (great guy, love him to pieces, mind), spends more time talking about your lot than about Middlesbrough, although I think that's because it's a touchy subject (they're shit).

If you could listen to the local radio football phone-ins you would hear that they are obsessed with us. One smoggie was on SSN and the local BBC news just before the end of last season and he said "I don't mind if we are relegated if the mags are too!" I literally spat my tea out at that! I can't imagine any Geordie ever saying that about the Boro or any other team tbh. He was ok withhis team being relegated as long as we were too, sheesh! 

It's true than my Boro friend (great guy, love him to pieces, mind), spends more time talking about your lot than about Middlesbrough, although I think that's because it's a touchy subject (they're s***).

If you could listen to the local radio football phone-ins you would hear that they are obsessed with us. One smoggie was on SSN and the local BBC news just before the end of last season and he said "I don't mind if we are relegated if the mags are too!" I literally spat my tea out at that! I can't imagine any Geordie ever saying that about the Boro or any other team tbh. He was ok withhis team being relegated as long as we were too, sheesh! 

My friend says that too  :lol:

Gotta ask him about the game, haven't got hold of him this week though.

Preview from the other side: http://www.comeonboro.com/columns/314040.php

A fair article, with little bias. The only dispute is saying their attack vs our defence is even, but I think they only said that because they had us win every other battle  ;D

still very nervous about this game. we have the form and the statistics suggest only one winner, but they're underachieving and if strachan can get them excited I think I'd take a draw. 1-1

Wish I was going to this. I feel owed a good game by this fixture as I went last season and after the match couldn't remember a single thing that had happened. :lol:

All I remember is all the smog coming into the ground in the 2nd half. Nice weather on Teesside btw

Guest toonlass

Wish I was going to this. I feel owed a good game by this fixture as I went last season and after the match couldn't remember a single thing that had happened. :lol:

All I remember is all the smog coming into the ground in the 2nd half. Nice weather on Teesside btw

Aye, I remember that, fog falling down over the stand roof, dark as fuck, really cold. Glorious day for Teeside!

http://www.dorkatorium.co.uk/pictures/smog.jpg

http://www.dorkatorium.co.uk/pictures/smog2.jpg

http://www.dorkatorium.co.uk/pictures/smog3.jpg

Guest toonlass

We have been stopped at Easington Services for a police check. One bus and about 25 policemen, waste of public money.

We have been stopped at Easington Services for a police check. One bus and about 25 policemen, waste of public money.

i'm sure you'll think of something to pass the time.

:colo:

Rohypnol™

See nothing. Remember nothing. Tell nothing.

Guest firetotheworks

Preview from the other side: http://www.comeonboro.com/columns/314040.php

Aside from getting a few little bits wrong, about Nolan being the best player in the division, saying Jonas's goal last week was his first, saying we'll be weakened without Taylor, and that they'll have a more vociferous crowd, that's a very level headed article, that.

Guest toonlass

fuck off.

Bloody armed response coppers. Unbelievable, searched the bus, photographed and videoed us all and found fuck all then said that all the trouble makers went down on the train and were at Darlington, stupid fuckers!

f*** off.

Bloody armed response coppers. Unbelievable, searched the bus, photographed and videoed us all and found f*** all then said that all the trouble makers went down on the train and were at Darlington, stupid fuckers!

aye, there was plenty going hogans right outside darlo train station. i've had  a text to say there's been a spot of bother in thornaby.