Summer Clearance: who would you get rid of?

Ishmael
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

butt shola and pancrate, the rest we may need as we add to squad size not reduce

I think we can afford to get rid of one of Nolan, Barton & preferably Smith. Would hope we get a new midfielder this summer, so new midfielder, Guthrie, Barton & Nolan would do me.

for me id prefer to have one to replace butt and leave it at that, i think the rest might have some use in prem and squad size is needed

should look at selling Butt, Smith, Shola. Butt was finished a while ago and can't really cut it in this division. a year on and a higher level would be asking far too much of him, so i'd just release him. Smith looks shit even in this division and i'm sure there'd be someone daft enough to pay money for him. We know what Shola is like so no point keeping him if we go up. And I wouldnt renew Pancrate's contract either. if we get enough new players in i'd also consider selling Ryan Taylor and maybe one of Barton or Nolan.

Players like Nolan, Carroll and Lovenkrands shouldn't be first XI, but can do jobs as back up.

Butt, Smith, Nolan, R. Taylor, Barton and Best.

That shower of shit cost us about £300k a week and contribute the square root of fuck all. Nolan's got a few this season but is useless to us next year.

The biggest surprise on that list is how few have voted for Barton, he's been nothing short of a liability since we signed him and shown no signs of that changing.

Yep, and he's on ridiculous wages by all accounts. Part of me would love to see him finally offer a bit of value and rediscover his form from earlier in his career but it's just not on the cards. We should get him 'fit' and fuck him off.

The biggest surprise on that list is how few have voted for Barton, he's been nothing short of a liability since we signed him and shown no signs of that changing.

absence makes the heart grow fonder...................plus we can't get rid of every central midfielder at the club or i'd have had guthrie on the list aswell.

No Nile Ranger on the list. Not that I want to get rid of him, like.

It's a difficult question. I voted Nolan, Barton, Ryan Taylor, Best, Pancrate, Butt and Smith. But let's face it, given enough money for replacements, you'd probably want to dispense with the services of just about all of them.

Butt, Smith, Nolan, R. Taylor, Barton and Best.

This, except I think I forgot to vote for Taylor. :facepalm: As has been said on here before, Barton gets better with every game he misses.. I don't think he's the answer to our growing questions.

Agreed - would be one of the first out of the door if I had my way. He's a bad influence and is simply taking the pee out of both club and fans. He WILL be out of the door once his contract finishes.....

Best, Pancrate, Butt, Ameobi

Best simply isn't good enough, Pancrate's crossing is shit, wouldn't even keep him as a back up. Butt to go is obvious and Shola is always injured and not a Premier Leauge striker.

There should be a much much bigger list. But I think we should keep players like Nolan and Smith for back up and for team morale.

About Barton I think everyone should decide at the end of the season after he (hopefully) played some games for us. If he would accept a contract with lower wages he should stay.

Guest Roger Kint

Smith

Best

Pancrate

Butt

Ameobi

Tozer

Donaldson

Godsmark

possibly Nolan and Barton. Still undecided.

Other than Barton this is what i think. Dont know why i would keep him though :undecided:

Nolan, Butt, Pancrate, Barton, Ryan Taylor, Pancrate and Best.

to those who voted for the kids, what have you seen of them that suggests we should get rid?  Is it simply the fact they've not been given much of a run out as we thought they might?

You really don't rate Pancrate  do you?

to those who voted for the kids, what have you seen of them that suggests we should get rid?  Is it simply the fact they've not been given much of a run out as we thought they might?

You really don't rate Pancrate  do you?

no, not really.  Bit of a headless chicken.  Would like to think with a decent coach, he might be able to improve and become something, but can't see it happening with CH and CC.

Didn't get to see the game yesterday because of work, but I can sympathise a bit with Barnsley last week as we hardly ever looked to go down the right hand side, and only started to do so when Jonas went over there and he came to the left.

Guest Roger Kint

Was assuming Godsmark & Donaldson were out of contract anyway, could be wrong mind :undecided: