Phil Brown

Guest neesy111

Weighing up whether to believe some ITK gobshite on a Hull messageboard and hoy a couple of quid on O'Leary at 20/1.

not a bad manager him and hes desperate for a way back into the game

Aye I think it's vaguely believable tbh, expecially since we might only be talking 9 games.  Could be any one of the usual suspects though in reality.

Brown disappointed by exit

Phil Brown has claimed he was 'very disappointed' at Hull City's decision to relieve him of his duties.

As revealed by skysports.com, Hull announced earlier on Monday that Brown had been relieved of his duties and placed on gardening leave with immediate effect.

Brian Horton and Steve Parkin have been placed in charge of first-team affairs with the Tigers currently second from bottom of the Premier League table, three points adrift of safety.

"I am obviously very disappointed with the club's decision and the fact that I will now not have the opportunity to secure Hull City's status in the Premier League for a third consecutive season," Brown said in a statement released through the League Managers Association.

"Although I am extremely sad to be leaving Hull City, I am very proud of my achievements during my time as manager, especially having led the team into the top flight of football for the first time in the club's 104-year history and ahead of schedule.

"It has been a fantastic experience and I would like to offer my sincere thanks to all of the players, past and present, and also to my staff.

"Finally, I would like to thank the fans for their support and wish the club every success in the future."

Poor guy...

Weighing up whether to believe some ITK gobshite on a Hull messageboard and hoy a couple of quid on O'Leary at 20/1.

Aye I think it's vaguely believable tbh, expecially since we might only be talking 9 games.  Could be any one of the usual suspects though in reality.

Always had O'Leary for a bit of a chequebook manager though, he won't have that at Hull.

Always had O'Leary for a bit of a chequebook manager though, he won't have that at Hull.

did a reasonable job at villa with deadly dougs tight fisted ways though he was always bleating about it, every manager is a chequebook one (even arsene wenger those kids don't all suddenly appear in his acedemy without a wad of cash going somewhere) its just the extent of how much

He's waiting for the Newcastle job, tbh.

Heh.

I wonder how come O'Leary hasn't been able to find another job since the Villa sacking though. He really didn't do badly at Leeds all things considered, and I know that Villa fans ended up hating him (at least the ones I knew at the time, brummie might know better), but on paper his reign there wasn't that bad given their squad. I have seen managers with worse records get top flight jobs in the meantime.

He's waiting for the Newcastle job, tbh.

Heh.

I wonder how come O'Leary hasn't been able to find another job since the Villa sacking though. He really didn't do badly at Leeds all things considered, and I know that Villa fans ended up hating him (at least the ones I knew at the time, brummie might know better), but on paper his reign there wasn't that bad given their squad. I have seen managers with worse records get top flight jobs in the meantime.

Cos' he bloody horrible. Guaranteed he'll end up here, tbh.

Looks like we have more of this to look forward too....

http://images.teamtalk.com/09/08/800x600/brown800_2348008.jpg

:facepalm:

If the BBC get him on as a Pundit I'll be most  :angry:

Imagine Phil Brown and Mark Lawrenson on the same settee licking each others balls!  :suicide: