Newcastle United 3 - 0 Scunthorpe - 17/03/10 - post match reaction from page 14

Nate

We never got out of first gear and yet we could have easily got 7 or 8 without even breaking sweat. Absolutely pedestrian performance from us and yet we still ran rings around them for 90 minutes.

This. I've never seen us look so comfortable.

Won't get an easier league game than that for the next 50 years - seriously.  :kasper:

The 2 teams looked at least 2 divisions apart, which is exactly what we will be in a few weeks time. I'm all for smaller teams making things difficult but this lot were poor. Like really poor.

Just back in. Great team performance, especially in the first half. It could have and should have been 5 ot 6-0 at HT. Scunthorpe just totally outclassed (and seemingly not that bothered too) MoM - Guthrie for another super midfield performance. His ball for Carroll's 2nd was a beauty.

A few more notes:

- Carroll impressed me tonight. Barely put a foot wrong.

- Lovenkrands could have had about 10 hattricks. He looked absolutely gutted when he missed from three yards out :lol:

- Nolan's 'goal' was no way offside. I was directly across the line and saw a perfectly timed run.

- Fitz Hall was an absolute bull at the back. He was my MOTM defensively. Colo also played well.

- Jonas didn't have the best of games, but looked like scoring a couple of times.

I was ready to nut the guy sat behind me as well.

Had a comment for EVERYTHING that happened, was the most one-dimensional biased bastard I've ever clapped eyes upon, and if he'd said 'suck my balls ref' one more time... :angry:

At one point, he was explaining the concept of 'One size fits all' to his son, before moving onto how the world's smallest man recently died :lol:

Guest michaelfoster

My ratings would be

Harper 6.5 - only made like 2 saves

Enriquie 6.5 - sluggish, not 100% after injury was still fairly solid

Coloccini - 7.5 - class again

Hall  7.5 - impressive, very good performance

Simpson  7 - got forward well & made some good tackles

Jonas 6.5 - quiet tonight, huffed & puffed but his delivery was poor, was a bit selfish too trying to shoot instead of passing

Nolan 6.5 - had a shakey start but got better as the game progressed, had a goal disalowed which looked suspicious.

Guthrie 7 - got an assist and was fairly solid, still keeps the ball too long for me, usually being dispossessed.

Routledge 7.5 - Probably posed the most attacking threat from the midfield four.

Carroll 8 two well taken goals, his flick ons were decent and his hold up play was good too

Lovenkrands 7 scored but how the hell did he hit the bar from 3 yards out :D, could of had a couple more goals too

Guest icemanblue

I've seen eggs that were harder to beat than that shower of shite. Every single attack they allowed us to walk it into their half. Could and should have been about 17-0. Nolan was never offside, either.

Anyone see Colo's Cruyff turn in their box to skin their defender? The guy is pure class.

I've seen eggs that were harder to beat than that shower of s****. Every single attack they allowed us to walk it into their half. Could and should have been about 17-0. Nolan was never offside, either.

Anyone see Colo's Cruyff turn in their box to skin their defender? The guy is pure class.

Haha aye! The keeper had a right go at the defender for allowing Colo to do it :lol:

What a shower of shit they were. Their keeper made some good saves then he'd spill an easy cross, weird game all in all. Declared after half an hour and still scored one more at walking pace - Guthrie's pass for the third goal was fantastic. Hall and Coloccini were impeccable most of the evening, everyone else did the necessary. Except Leon Best, he's really not very good. Real battle now comes at Bristol City on Saturday when we need to actually pass the ball and not just hoof it all day. We'll see.

Guest neesy111

bigger crowd than chelsea v inter

chelsea fan's should be disgraced they can't sell out a game v inter especially with jose their

Just seen the goals - all good, but Carroll's header was a great one.

Whatever his limitations in other areas, Carroll is looking like one very tough hombre in the air. If we get promoted, that will be a big asset if we're having difficulty scoring from other sources.