Sunderland...

Heron

He ran about a bit against a team with one eye on their holidays, would be more appropriate.

Agreed.  Just been speaking to a Leicester fan and he says he has seen nothing special in the lad.

An Inverness Caledonian Thistle fan told me he is amazing.

:lol:

He'll never be worth 3 times what he's worth now, so pointless clause.

£24m? Not sure about that.

He's not that good.

I actually disagree with what Nut said about him either being poor and a flop or him being class and them losing out on him in a couple of years. I think what will happen is actually somewhere in between the two. He's a decentish player who will do well for them over time but frankly I don't think he will never be brilliant. The hype around him is a creation of media fantasy, he's not going to be half the player Rooney is because he's simply nowhere near as talented.

I was listening to The Legends - and apparently it's £8 million including add-ons. That's superb if true.

They're talking shite, £8m rising to £12m is on their official site.

He's not that good.

I actually disagree with what Nut said about him either being poor and a flop or him being class and them losing out on him in a couple of years. I think what will happen is actually somewhere in between the two. He's a decentish player who will do well for them over time but frankly I don't think he will never be brilliant. The hype around him is a creation of media fantasy, he's not going to be half the player Rooney is because he's simply nowhere near as talented.

Henderson isn't that good and he went for £20m, Milner isn't that good and he went for £24m, Carroll worth £35m?

I am not saying he will be worth £24m but will someone pay it if he starts to look decent? At 18 Carroll was scratching his balls in the reserves, this lad may not go down the same career path but he has a head start and the way English player values are going it wouldn't surprise me if that release clause isn't activated by someone if he has a good season or two at Sunderland.

He's not that good.

Henderson isn't that good and he went for £20m, Milner isn't that good and he went for £24m, Carroll worth £35m?

I am not saying he will be worth £24m but will someone pay it if he starts to look decent? At 18 Carroll was scratching his balls in the reserves, this lad may not go down the same career path but he has a head start and the way English player values are going it wouldn't surprise me if that release clause isn't activated by someone if he has a good season or two at Sunderland.

Suppose. I think this bubble on English players will burst in a couple of years though.

Carroll is a one off though, he's become some player despite a limited skillset. There is nobody in the world at the moment that is of a similar mould. Wickham is a different kind of player, his game is supposed to be more about his game on the floor - which in my opinion is nothing special or standout.

Pretty much nobody is as good as a teenager as Rooney was. Wickham for his age however is fucking class, if he stagnates or not is yet to be seen but he's hardly showing any signs that he will at 18 man.

How much have you watched him play? I don't think he's 'fucking class', even for an 18 year old at that level. I don't understand what it is about his game that is supposed to be an indicator of a top player.

Victor Moses at the same age and at the same level looked a much, much better player. A player with genuine skill and ability on the ball. The other lad at Ipswich Josh Carson looks a more gifted footballer to me too. I mean, I don't think Wickham is a bad player as he has some attributes but I honestly can't see what will make him a top class player.

Sounds like they got an exciting player in Wickham. I know nowt about him, only heard and read things.

On the other hand, its quite surprising that they fork out £8-12 mill on an 18-yr old when the rest of their team lacks so much talent. Wouldn't it make more sense to upgrade what they got with more experienced players?

oh, wait.. what am I saying, it's Steve Bruce  :lol: nevermind...

I'll reserve judgement on him. I'd have been unhappy bringing him in as our big money striker but if we were in a better position squad wise to bring him in as one for the future I'd have probably been happy.