Sunderland...

Heron

Could be a solid signing for them for a year or 2. 4 years is too long but I cant see him being there for that time, probably half of it before being sold on to a lower league club or a promoted side. Thats if the mackems are still in the Premier League of course! O'Shea is a solid signing though, if they got him for a reasonable price.

It's the type of signing a newly promoted club would make. But Sunderland are supposedly establishing themselves as a good Premier League club, so I'd have thought they'd be signing players for the future.

Unless their future is a 35 year old Wes Brown!  :lol:

Guest neesy111

4 years is ridiculous.

especially as he'll be pig sick of Sunderland after 4 weeks.

He'll in the toon with Simpson etc no doubt.

Guest neesy111

My mate has just said they need 'work men' players to compliment the flair players they've got.,  Which players are they?!?

Guest neesy111

The obsession with Sunderland AFC amongst some Newcastle fans...

:facepalm:

Says the NUFC fan who is from Essex, sorry but if you lived next to mackems / worked with them for most of your life like most on here then you would understand it.  Not having a go, but I think it needs pointing out.

Erm, you do know they're are local rivals aye? There's bound to be interest in who they're signing

Of course. But the criticism of the 'inbred, mongs' on RTG being obsessed with Newcastle United is hypocritical.

Says the NUFC fan who is from Essex, sorry but if you lived next to mackems / worked with them for most of your life like most on here then you would understand it.  Not having a go, but I think it needs pointing out.

Relieved I'm not part of it, tbh.

Guest neesy111

Erm, you do know they're are local rivals aye? There's bound to be interest in who they're signing

Of course. But the criticism of the 'inbred, mongs' on RTG being obsessed with Newcastle United is hypocritical.

It's good banter for most of the year especially when NUFC are doing well, though it's torture after a derby defeat.  I have good relationships with my mackem friends, we have the name calling etc but that is as far as it goes.  Banter.

Guest neesy111

Haven't the Mackems said this for the last 3 seasons as well, brilliant signings good times are coming and then it all comes crashing down.

4 years for a 31 year old is ridiculous in any case, but for fucking Wes Brown! :lol:

They've made solid signings overall, Gardner and Larsson are good players. O'Shea is versatile even if I don't particularly rate him, the Korean guy I know next to nothing about and Whickham is a fantastic talent but there's no way they'll be able to keep hold if he fulfills his potential.

Basically they've made signings to stay where they are, they aren't players that are going to significantly improve them in any way.

Guest Roger Kint

Lad on Facebook just said - 'For all you jealous mags saying he is old, crocked and shit I bet you wish you were a penny behind him, enough said'

:harry:

It's good banter for most of the year especially when NUFC are doing well, though it's torture after a derby defeat.  I have good relationships with my mackem friends, we have the name calling etc but that is as far as it goes.  Banter.

Fair play.