Sunderland...

Heron

...also bendtner seems a bit like the same type as Ba....not a bad idea to have backup for Ba or Bendtner. Ba has a history of being injured alot, right?

I don't think he's spent a massive amount of time injured, it was just a bad injury that left him open to a reoccurrence. Might be wrong with that though.

No offence but a lot of people in this thread need to stop licking their windows and realise the state of our team. To be saying you'd turn Bendtner down at this stage is ludicrous.

Exactly.

According to the Mirror Bendtner and Barton are being lined up in a double swoop by Stoke. Make of that what you will, though the Mirror usually just invent most of their stories so I wouldn't read much into it.

I'd take him here, he's not better than Ba but he's better than the rest and a different kind of player to Ba as well so he could compliment him if we played two up front.  I also don't see how he'd be out of our price range if he's in Stokes price range..

I'd take him here, he's not better than Ba but he's better than the rest and a different kind of player to Ba as well so he could compliment him if we played two up front.  I also don't see how he'd be out of our price range if he's in Stokes price range..

Does Ashley/Llambias give you a hint?

You recon Stoke will pay a big fee though?  Their record transfer is £8m, even Ashley's paid more than that for a player.

Bendtner isn't worth much over £6m though IMO and that's taking into account the inflation that comes from buying from the Premier League.

At this stage he'd be worth a punt but the jury is out on him. Arsenal fans, from the ones I've met, don't seem to have a very good impression of his attitude or his ability.

But when you look at our current strikeforce, who wouldn't welcome him? We're going nowhere under this owner and the general feeling is we take what we can get under the circumstances. There's not much in the kitty and with the influx of foreign players already, someone familiar with the Premier League and young enough that he might have his best days ahead of him isn't a bad shout.

You can see there is ability there, he looks like he needs confidence and he could be a player if he had a run of games with the fans behind him. He's clearly not a natural finisher but he can be a handful when he's on form. We've been down this road before signing cast-offs from big teams and they haven't worked out for us, but with two weeks until the window closes and no money backing the manager, we could do worse than Bendtner.