Sunderland...

Heron

Guest Roger Kint

A survey of which Premier League clubs fans of other clubs hate was in the paper this morning. sunderland made the top 10 ahead of Newcastle who were 11th most hated.

http://media.hof.wemakemedia.co.uk/cache/8594_display.jpg

Guest Haris Vuckic

They seem to think that the entire of England has a deep hatred for us.

Wrong again mackems, we are simply mediocre.

Guest Howaythetoon

I like the look of Sessegnon, I just think they are using him completely wrong.

He'd be great in the number 10 role for us with Cabaye and Tiote in behind and a decent forward in front of him. Not that we need him but in the right formation, with some quality around him, he'd be a top 6 player imho.

I think he's shite, and probably overweight or carrying a bit too much for his diminutive frame.

Against Arsenal I thought the mackems actually defended well and when they did get on the ball, worked it well enough. They just lack a true cutting edge in midfield and up front. Add Bent and Gyan to that side and a playmaker in midfield and they would be a much more different propersition. As it is they have no creativity in midfield and not attack up front to speak of, not without Bendtner anyway.

For the money they have spent though they have done really badly in terms of players signed. The Man Utd duo of Brown and O'Shea look off the pace. I remember Brown was quick and adaptable but from what I've seen he's cumbersome and doesn't look sharp. O'Shea used to be quite comfortable on the ball for a defender and a good reader of the game but he hoofs it a lot and gets himself lost in position.

Could be down to confidence, tactics or even the culture shock that I believe Nicky Butt struggled with moving from Manchester to Newcastle at first, or it could be they are simply past it.

There is a hard working, defensively strong, mid-table side in there for them but given their expectations (NETD's and all that, CL winners etc.) and the money they have spent, I think mid-table is a poor return.

He'd be great in the number 10 role for us with Cabaye and Tiote in behind and a decent forward in front of him. Not that we need him but in the right formation, with some quality around him, he'd be a top 6 player imho.

I think he's shite, and probably overweight or carrying a bit too much for his diminutive frame.

Against Arsenal I thought the mackems actually defended well and when they did get on the ball, worked it well enough. They just lack a true cutting edge in midfield and up front. Add Bent and Gyan to that side and a playmaker in midfield and they would be a much more different propersition. As it is they have no creativity in midfield and not attack up front to speak of, not without Bendtner anyway.

For the money they have spent though they have done really badly in terms of players signed. The Man Utd duo of Brown and O'Shea look off the pace. I remember Brown was quick and adaptable but from what I've seen he's cumbersome and doesn't look sharp. O'Shea used to be quite comfortable on the ball for a defender and a good reader of the game but he hoofs it a lot and gets himself lost in position.

Could be down to confidence, tactics or even the culture shock that I believe Nicky Butt struggled with moving from Manchester to Newcastle at first, or it could be they are simply past it.

There is a hard working, defensively strong, mid-table side in there for them but given their expectations (NETD's and all that, CL winners etc.) and the money they have spent, I think mid-table is a poor return.

parts of it are confidence, parts of it maybe tactics.  They used to be managed by probably the best manager the world has ever seen, now they have Steve Bruce.  Ferguson can make reasonable players look very good and good players look great.  We've seen the with Butt the difference Ferguson makes, with them he was very good, when he came to us he was shocking generally.

Playing with 9 or 10 of the worlds best can make you look good because others will make up for you mistake.

Playing with 9 or 10 mediocre players make even the best look crap unless they are an enigma in a free role.

Plus sunderland are fucking shite in general.

Guest Howaythetoon

I've always rated Brown and O'Shea, the latter especially. I personally think they are perhaps now past it in terms of performing to a high level on a consistent basis. They'll be good for one or two top-class performances but given their contracts they will probably become expensive mistakes in the long run.

I think he's s****, and probably overweight or carrying a bit too much for his diminutive frame.

parts of it are confidence, parts of it maybe tactics. They used to be managed by probably the best manager the world has ever seen, now they have Steve Bruce. Ferguson can make reasonable players look very good and good players look great.  We've seen the with Butt the difference Ferguson makes, with them he was very good, when he came to us he was shocking generally.

Playing with 9 or 10 of the worlds best can make you look good because others will make up for you mistake.

Playing with 9 or 10 mediocre players make even the best look crap unless they are an enigma in a free role.

Plus sunderland are f***ing s**** in general.

I was reading this without really thinking and started to wonder that do you mean Keane or Reid or who?  :lol:

I think he's s****, and probably overweight or carrying a bit too much for his diminutive frame.

parts of it are confidence, parts of it maybe tactics. They used to be managed by probably the best manager the world has ever seen, now they have Steve Bruce. Ferguson can make reasonable players look very good and good players look great.  We've seen the with Butt the difference Ferguson makes, with them he was very good, when he came to us he was shocking generally.

I was reading this without really thinking and started to wonder that do you mean Keane or Reid or who?  :lol:

I mean brown and o Shea used to be managed by SAF

I mean brown and o Shea used to be managed by SAF

Yeah, understood in few seconds, was just funny that I even started to think about it.

Against Arsenal I thought the mackems actually defended well and when they did get on the ball, worked it well enough.

They played well against Arsenal and Liverpool and got 1 point out of it. If they'd played well against Norwich and Swansea they'd have got 6 points. This is why it's pleasing we're picking up something from every match at the moment. I don't care if it's 'only' Blackburn at home, Blackburn points are worth just as much as Man United points.