Sunderland...

Heron

Dislike this. I think he'll do great for them, unfortunately. Hopefully he'll flop big time.

Why? Honest question, from the little i have seen he hasn't got any stand out qualities?

From the few matches I have seen. Notably when we were down one division, and Ipswich were playing us. He was terrific tbh. Very powerfull, decent speed, heavy shot.

On the bright side he'll either flop and be a massive waste of £13m(?) or be away in a couple years if he's successful. I'd have liked for us to be in for him, but at that price there's probably better value to be found elsewhere.

Superb buy.

:sadnod:

Don't think he's ready as yet for the PL (as in starting week in, week out). But give him a season or two and the mackems will probably have a great player on their books :undecided:

Would hope we went for Gardner over Gibson... Much better player.

We stepped aside so they could get Larsson and Gardner.

They stepped aside so we could get Gibson.

:lol:

They're both s****.

Well that is your opinion. Would like Gardner here, but i agree with you on Gibson.

Wickham is still very raw and is a few years off being ready to lead the line in the Premier League.

I'd rather we sign someone more experienced who will come in and immediately score goals.

Do you believe that will happen?

After bidding 12 million for Gameiro I don't see why that kind of money won't be offered for someone else.  It's been a good window so far and we're still in June, so there's reason to remain optimistic.

Guest Heneage

The Whickham deal is a subjective one. The optimist believes him to be a fantastic talent with potential to blossom in the top flight and become a fantastic striker. The cynic instead cites his lack of Premier League experience and his scoring record that only works out at about 1 in 6.

We stepped aside so they could get Larsson and Gardner.

They stepped aside so we could get Gibson.

:lol:

Nahhh..they stepped aside so we could get N'Zogbia..

The Whickham deal is a subjective one. The optimist believes him to be a fantastic talent with potential to blossom in the top flight and become a fantastic striker. The cynic instead cites his lack of Premier League experience and his scoring record that only works out at about 1 in 6.

Take his record from the start of January and that's a fairer account of where he's at.

Wickham is still very raw and is a few years off being ready to lead the line in the Premier League.

I'd rather we sign someone more experienced who will come in and immediately score goals.

Do you believe that will happen?

After bidding 12 million for Gameiro I don't see why that kind of money won't be offered for someone else.  It's been a good window so far and we're still in June, so there's reason to remain optimistic.

Hope you're right. :thup: