Sunderland...

Heron

Sunderland are far better than us?....

:kasper:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Guest kingdawson

What about villa ?

They'd have to change there style of play considerably for it to work tbh. Ashley young's in swingers won't really be much help although they do play counter attacking football which he thrives on. Think he'd score loads away from home if he went there.

They've already got enough points this season.

I also think they would also turn us over if we were to play them, say, next weekend.  :undecided:

the question midds is, will they still have bent + jones when they meet us- i have my doubts.

They've already got enough points this season.

I also think they would also turn us over if we were to play them, say, next weekend.  :undecided:

the question midds is, will they still have bent + jones when they meet us- i have my doubts.

Who knows?  ???

I can see Bent getting mightily pissed off soon though - especially if he doesn't go to the World Cup this summer. He's got 20 this season and Bruce sticks him out on the right to stem the tide when they're desperate for a goal to get a foothold in the game. That's got to play on his mind if he's got his feet up, watching Heskey or Crouch try to win the WC.

Jones is a lazy arsehole from what I can gather.

Guest The_Scoreboard

Unfortunately i think they are safe this year but like stated above, bent is gonna find a more popular club in the summer if he doesnt get selected for the world cup. It seems very important to him to play for his country.

They are safe. Like last season they've done just enough just in time to avoid any real pressure. I don't think they have built a squad who give a shit about Sunderland so I can't see them going anywhere from this point onwards though. They are spending shitloads just to survive basically.

Also, the Bent and Jones partnership doesn't work. Bent plays well by himself, put him with someone and he goes missing.

You might want to look at Bent's record when playing alongside Jones. They have also linked up really well when played together from the games I've watched. Bent plays well when he is partnered by a target man.

Where are you getting this from? I'm sure you've made this statement before and it is just wrong.

I genuinely couldn't give a shiney shite about them at the minute. As was said earlier since we're not competing directly with them I find it really difficult to get myself worked up when they win, lose or draw. It's been quite refreshing in a way because I've managed to watch their games with a hint of neutrality and they do have some good players - Bent, Gordon and Mensah being the stand out performers.

They have some dross as well mind. Lorik Cana and Michael Turner are really quite shit. I wouldn't be surprised if the former was Alan Smith in a ropey wig.

Guest Stephen927

Sunderland will stay up this season, and probably next too. With Steve Bruce and Shorts money, there'll always be 3 worse teams than them. Besides, I'm not sure I want them to be relegated, the season is boring without the derby.

Guest Roger Kint

...have some interesting fixtures - Hull, Burnley and Wolves being 3 and ManUre and Spurs being two of the others. If they don't win any of the the first 3 mentioned I think they'll be seriously in the s***...

Are you on drugs? Maybe you should spend a minute actually looking at the table :rolleyes: