Sunderland...

Heron

Sunderland will stay up this season, and probably next too. With Steve Bruce and Shorts money, there'll always be 3 worse teams than them. Besides, I'm not sure I want them to be relegated, the season is boring without the derby.

Can honestly say I hate derby day when there's little between the sides, and I'm certainly not looking forward to the prospect of being underdogs for the games next season!

Sunderland will stay up this season, and probably next too. With Steve Bruce and Shorts money, there'll always be 3 worse teams than them. Besides, I'm not sure I want them to be relegated, the season is boring without the derby.

Eh?  :lol:

Sunderland aren't doing either well enough or comically shit enough to be bothered about.  If they were challenging for Europe I might be pissed off, if they were scrapping in the bottom 4 I'd be praying for them to fuck up, if they were doing their regular struggle to get into double figures by Christmas I'd have a dig, but kicking around the middle of the bottom half of the prem when we're not even competing with them this season, who gives a fuck.

As long as they have their current source of money, they'll be fine I imagine. They'll do well enough to stay above the bottom 3 but their lack of any progress given the net spend last summer is pretty embarrassing.

Guest Stephen927

Boring is perhaps an exaggeration, but nothing beats the build up and tension of a derby game. This season hasn't been boring as we've been challenging for the league pretty much all season, but when you're in the Premiership and just scrapping round in the bottom half of the table it's a welcome distraction.

Boring is perhaps an exaggeration, but nothing beats the build up and tension of a derby game. This season hasn't been boring as we've been challenging for the league pretty much all season, but when you're in the Premiership and just scrapping round in the bottom half of the table it's a welcome distraction.

Definitely preferred the seasons when Man Utd was our "big" game. Aahh they were the days.....

Derbies just cause too much hassle nowadays and it always seems we have more to lose than them as we're expected to win.

Definitely preferred the seasons when Man Utd was our "big" game. Aahh they were the days.....

Derbies just cause too much hassle nowadays and it always seems we have more to lose than them as we're expected to win.

Next season they'll be favourites.

They are still far better than us, make no mistake.

Liverpool hammered them but we have far poorer players than them.

We're a couple of good players from being better then them.

Debatable.

Of course, just my opinion looking at it player for player.

Harper

Taylor Williamson Coloccini Enrique

Routledge Guthrie New Gutierrez

Lovenkrands New

Assuming those new players are of good quality of course.

depends on who sunderland bring in really. they've got a decent enough basis of a team. a few more quality signings in the summer and they'd do alright. just depends if quinn et al want to give bruce more money to spooge away again. i think they'll stay up because there are worse sides and sides in worse form.

we've got the basis of a decent team too, just depends on who else we can bring in.

as for the derby next season (if we go up) it really could go either way. i guess they'd probably be favourites now, purely because of the money bruce has spent

I don't think neither of us would be favourites.  It's definitely too close to call.  But as other said, it really depends on new signings.

We've got a more creative midfield and overall better defence, but I would take Gordon, Hutton, Bent and possibly Turner off their hands.  Other than that, we have better players in all other positions.

I don't think neither of us would be favourites.  It's definitely too close to call.  But as other said, it really depends on new signings.

We've got a more creative midfield and overall better defence, but I would take Gordon, Hutton, Bent and possibly Turner off their hands.  Other than that, we have better players in all other positions.

What ? - as third choice. Assuming Forster's still out on loan that is.

He is still a Spurs bod atm.

Just seen on SMB they are still celebrating beating us 9-1 in 1908.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=484604

had a look at that. then checked the pure football firum's first page......7 threads about us.

they aren't obsessed....no really they aren't....................honest they aren't

stop laughing man....thay aren't.

maybe this makes me as sad as them.but i get such alaugh at sMb.

They have gone toon mental today, anyone would think they are shitting themselves cos we are back or something,. I mean why are so many saying they arnt bothered- in that case why not say it about every other club, every day?

They have gone toon mental today, anyone would think they are shitting themselves cos we are back or something,. I mean why are so many saying they arnt bothered- in that case why not say it about every other club, every day?

Aye, there's a slightly different slant on their Newcastle obsession to what it was in May/June last year when they revelled in our relegation and predicted our imminent demise. That from supporters who'd escaped relegation by a point, not qualified for Europe or anything.

Once again their investment seems to have failed and they're only staying up this season due to the awful pisspoor teams at the bottom of the big league.

Quite looking forward to next season actually.

having looked on that forum the amount of threads on us is worrying for their mentality, after all we're a division lower and they are still obsessing over us

inferiority is drilled into them from the day they are born, they can fight it all thier lives. they can twist and make up things on the internet.

But they can't escape the truth that they are a smaller club,-and it eats at them every single day.

Aye, there's a slightly different slant on their Newcastle obsession to what it was in May/June last year when they revelled in our relegation and predicted our imminent demise. That from supporters who'd escaped relegation by a point, not qualified for Europe or anything.

Once again their investment seems to have failed and they're only staying up this season due to the awful pisspoor teams at the bottom of the big league.

Quite looking forward to next season actually.

Did you not hear , the Championship is the worst it has ever been and that's why we are Top  . All the good teams are in the Premiership with Sooonderland.

having looked on that forum the amount of threads on us is worrying for their mentality, after all we're a division lower and they are still obsessing over us

inferiority is drilled into them from the day they are born, they can fight it all thier lives. they can twist and make up things on the internet.

But they can't escape the truth that they are a smaller club,-and it eats at them every single day.

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:

NAIL.ON.HEAD.

Can honestly say I hate derby day when there's little between the sides, and I'm certainly not looking forward to the prospect of being underdogs for the games next season!

It's a total cunt like living in South Shields now when it's derby day.