Sunderland...

Heron

I'm sure there's a lot of interest, but not many clubs would offer £9m up front for him.

Yup. Interest and serious interest are different things.

He will have been very closely watched by all top clubs as the hype built up last season.

If he ends up at Sunderland you can safely say none of them really fancied him.

Personally i think Whickham will be awesome but £13 million is a massive gamble. He absolutely bullied Colocinni when we played Ipswich at home in the Championship season.

Our players had the cigars out and the flip flops on that day.  Don't remember him being 'absolutely bullied' either.  Although Wickham took his goal well mind.

Wickham and Gardner having medicals tomorrow.

Very suprised other clubs are not in for Wickham unless Sunderland have paid way over price. As for Gardner, decent player, not much about him, decent engine and shot.

Very suprised other clubs are not in for Wickham unless Sunderland have paid way over price. As for Gardner, decent player, not much about him, decent engine and shot.

Much better player than Gibson.

Much better player than Gibson.

Aye but there in for both i think?

Wickham is still very raw and is a few years off being ready to lead the line in the Premier League.

I'd rather we sign someone more experienced who will come in and immediately score goals.

Do you believe that will happen?