Sunderland...

Heron

They have a better squad, it's full of complete mediocrity but unfortunately, our squad has some very poor players.

Our first team has more quality to it though and will be capable of picking up results playing football, rather than getting 2 banks of 4 and grinding out results with scrappy goals. We'll outscore them again, they'll not let in as many. We'll finish in similar positions.

What like when we beat you 5-1?

You still went on like tits after a while

Nar, I can remember saying it prior to the RECORD 1-9 game though. :)

We beat Man U 7-1 at old trafford that season.

So what.

Not quite a RECORD top flight away victory though, good effort though.

Have a word with yourself man. Nobody gives a fuck.

Guest Wally_McFool

Could live with Snuderlund beating us 9-1 again if it meant we would win the League like we did that season.

(Mackems starting to sound like the sweatys did in 1967 when they proclaimed themselves World Champions after beating England at Wembley)

Wearsides quote - "Over the last year Newcastle fans have developed a real obsession with Sunderland and it's something that has only developed since you got relegated."

Strange that. It's Safc fans who go to the trouble to make reference to NUFC on banners etc by adding FTM. It's mackems who feel it necessary to wear colours when using our cities attractions, eg airport, decent shopping centres, when they probably wouldn't wear them if they were shopping in the bridges or going to the air show. Incidently, you do know wearside, that those planes take off from Newcastle?

SAFC sing more toon related songs than songs to back their own side, and success is measured by results/league finish v Newcastle.

Look at the forums. While we condense what we have to say about SAFC into one thread, Sunderland have numerous posts in numerous threads about us.  

There's no worse feeling than losing a derby you were convinced you were going to win.

And I doubt there's a much better feeling than winning a derby you were rather nervous about beforehand 5-1. :snod:

Also, after a promising start to the night I see Wearyside's reverted to form and started rambling about a result from over a 100 years ago. :lol: Guess he must've had a bit to drink since earlier on.

You see, this is the way it always develops on here. I say something which the masses don't agree with (in this case, the belief that the Sunderland squad is a lot stronger than Newcastle's) and you resort to name calling or whatever.

The truth must hurt.

Oh well, like I say, in 7 days we can put all myths to bed, one way or the other.

the truth ? the truth is that we were by far the better team on both occasions we met last season and but for our players going on holiday 45mins early we'd have finished above you. the truth is that you may have a stronger squad in that your 3rd choices may be better than ours, to be fair your 3rd choices are pretty much alongside your first choices in that you have a pretty level squad lacking in real decent quality, for example you don't have a midfielder who'd get in our starting XI.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Merson has just said on Soccer Saturday that we sell out every week.

A thread will appear on RTG soon.

I bet him £20'000 we don't,.

What like when we beat you 5-1?

You still went on like tits after a while

Nar, I can remember saying it prior to the RECORD 1-9 game though. :)

Question for you Wearside.

Would you accept a 9-1 loss to us in the derby game if you knew that you'd go on to win the Premiership?

I only ask because you lot seem to be obsessed with the fact that you once won a game 9-1 against us but conveniently forget that we went on to win the league that year.