Newcastle United 2 - 0 Nott'm Forest - 29/03/10 - post match reaction from p15

Dave

Am I the only one who cant help thinking they got the attendance wrong on Monday.

The only empty seats seemed to be in an area at the North end of the Milburn stand which numbered perhaps in the low hundreds. Everywhere else looked pretty full.

Am I the only one who cant help thinking they got the attendance wrong on Monday.

The only empty seats seemed to be in an area at the North end of the Milburn stand which numbered perhaps in the low hundreds. Everywhere else looked pretty full.

Aye. Im sure Ashley put a bet on saying we'll never break 50k this year or summit. Because surely that was full.

For those that want to relive Enrique's goal and celebration, type in "enrique goal" on dailymotion

Love it when we start chanting "Jose, Jose, Jose Jose" followed by "Booooooooooooooooooooooooo" when he gets booked!!!!  :lol:

atmosphere reminds me of the good ol' SBR days at SJP!!!! :aww:

Loved the pile on celebration, particularly as they all dive on him, they're in a pile and 10 seconds later Shola joins in with a comedy dive/jump. :lol:

And Williamson running over obviously thinking of joining in, only to remember his bad hand and sort of stand at the side patting Shola on the back. :lol:

For a game that we had 15 shots on target to their 2, the press seem very intent on spinning this as if Forest were the better team.

Anyhow, fuck em.  We won, they lost & we are still top by 4 points with a game in hand.

Oh, and I hate Forest fans.  They remind me of small man syndrome, but on a collective scale. 

LOL, I just clicked on the link on the Beeb site for the Nottingham Evening Post's match review, here: http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/sport/Report-Newcastle-2-Forest-0/article-1953477-detail/article.html

Talk about a homer, did he watch a different game to me, did he see the match stats ?

IT was unfortunate that, on a night when they tasted what life might be like in the Premiership, Nottingham Forest saw their chances of earning a place in the top flight, at least through automatic promotion, become a little more remote.

The intimidating surrounds of St James' Park, packed with more than 45,000 fans, did little to deter Billy Davies' side who, for long periods, looked as thought they might become the first team to depart the stadium with a full quota of points.

They can, in fact, feel a sense of injustice that they returned south with nothing to show for their efforts.

It may have been their seventh straight away defeat in the Championship but it was hardly deserved.

Was the person who wrote that at the game ?

Then all goals are flukey.

Not really Davey as some players say they placed there shots when they scored Shola said himself said it was a hit & hope.

It’s one of those things – you just hit and hope!

Not really Davey as some players say they placed there shots when they scored Shola said himself said it was a hit & hope.

the vast majority of goals are hit and hope and opposed to pure placement.

Me too and quite a few others. No way were there 7,000 empty seats.

I was gobsmacked when I found out there was apparently only 45k there. It looked on a par with the Boro game.

I was gobsmacked when I found out there was apparently only 45k there. It looked on a par with the Boro game.

cue stories that if the attendance is quoted at that level then the money from the others can be deposited in someones back pocket.

cue stories that if the attendance is quoted at that level then the money from the others can be deposited in someones back pocket.

Well that's been doing the rounds since the Lord Westwood era - and probably quite a long time before that too.

Its one of those things you just hit and hope!

Exactly, two that stick out in my mind are Shearers volleys vs Everton and Villa. He definitely hit those and will have definitely hoped they went in but I wouldn't call them flukes.

If a player kicks the ball at goal, it doesn't hit any players or random bobbles (Lee) then it's not a fluke if it goes in, not like Sholas goal anyway.

Watching that made me realise I forgot how many good chances we had in the first half. Someone on here said we were shit for the first 60 minutes and while I thought that was a bit strong I didn't think we were really at the races (first half at least) but those chances on another day we could have been 4 up by half time.

Watching that made me realise I forgot how many good chances we had in the first half. Someone on here said we were shit for the first 60 minutes and while I thought that was a bit strong I didn't think we were really at the races (first half at least) but those chances on another day we could have been 4 up by half time.

We weren't shite in the first half. We were fine everywhere except in the final third, where they were doing a good job of closing us down and we lacked the extra something special needed to break through.

Well that's been doing the rounds since the Lord Westwood era - and probably quite a long time before that too.

It wouldn't be the first time a club has fudged the attendance figures. It's very common, particularly lower down the leagues and often in cup games where gate receipts have to be split.

I just thought we were a bit off the boil and was adamant we just weren't going to score, it was "just one of those games".

An old boy who was stewarding up on Level 7 said to me literally about 10 seconds before we scored that we would win, 1-0 mind so he got that wrong, but he was of the opinion we would scrape it with one in off somebody's arse. This was while he was attempting to clear out the extra 30 or so people who'd appeared in the back row as the game went on.

Guest firetotheworks

The first match I miss this season, and look what happens. 2-0, and my boy Enrique scores. I just watched it last night, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Aside from his goal I thought Enrique wasn't at his best, but then his best is that good, that that performance was still very, very good. I thought the partnership of Williamson and Colo was brilliant, like the hammer and the sickle. Routledge is such a good signing, even if it's just at this level, having two wingers has done absolute wonders for us.

I dont think I've enjoyed a goal as much as that Enrique one since Martins goal where he left Dawson on his arse vs Spurs. I was smiling from ear to ear, and over the last couple of hours all I've done is re-watch it over and over whilst giggling like a kid. Absolute magic. If ever there was a player you'd want to score the goal to take us up...let's be honest, it is.  :smitten:

I was talking about this goal only but thanks for your input.

and i was stating that his admission was nothing out of the ordinary as the majority of goals are hit and hope. and as dave says it means you are saying most goals are flukey as they are hit and hope. lots of football on over the weekend, watch how many times players just hit the ball as hard as they can towards the goal with no plan of top left or whatever.

and as dave says it means you are saying most goals are flukey as they are hit and hope.

Wrong, I am only saying it for the ones where my at the time reaction is it was flukey & then the scorer afterwards says it was a "hit & hope".