Peterborough 2 - 3 Newcastle United - 03/04/10 - post match reaction from p21

Dave

Just got in. First half was shite. Harper cocked up for the first goal, if Guthrie wasn't injurred then he should be disappointed that he didn't start as he is different class to Pancrate and a Joey Barton who was clearly not match fit. Best couldn't score in a brothel. Nolan goal was up the other end so  we couldn't really see what happened, but it seemed scrappy. They came out in the second half with a completely different attitude. Barton's goal was mint, but his corners were shite. Shola was Shola tbh. Routledge worked hard. The crowd was fab today, terracing really needs to come back. Cracking atmosphere. 

Agree with all of that Blef. Pretty much echoes my post of the last page - great atmosphere there today.

Agree with that - thought the coppers/stewards were way over the top frogmarching people out for doing nothing more than celebrating a goal, it looked like they were trying to pull people out of the crowd, filming it all as well, wouldnt happen anywhere else apart from a football match- fucking disgrace  

Yeah - they filmed the whole second half mate. Though I only saw them throw one young lad out after our equaliser and they let him back in with his mates with 5 minutes to go.

The Stewards were pretty good craic down where we were but they did have their hands full. We were chatting to one after the full time whistle waiting for the crowds to get out and he was saying he's never heard an away following like it.

Guest jeffers09

Not long back cracking atmosphere second half got a few good videos to put up tommrow

not sure about the terracing makes for a better atmosphere but its hard to find a space found myself on the isle second half

Guthrie was waiting outside after the game

Also got the shirt signed by the legend that is Joey Barton :celb:

Who sent the roumour of bristol going 2-1 up not funny

Guest prestonj1989

Not long back cracking atmosphere second half got a few good videos to put up tommrow

not sure about the terracing makes for a better atmosphere but its hard to find a space found myself on the isle second half

Lucky you. There was quite a lot being chucked in today. Krul gave his training top and gloves, Taylor gave his shirt, training top and boots and Simpson & Best gave their shirts as well.

Lucky you. There was quite a lot being chucked in today. Krul gave his training top and gloves, Taylor gave his shirt, training top and boots and Simpson & Best gave their shirts as well.

Best's shirt land in the home end when he threw it?

Despite the win, I felt a bit disappointed. Simpson acts like a frightened rabbit every time the ball goes near him, in attack or defence. Pancrate didn't look interested and it was no surprise he was subbed at half time. I assume that Best must be good at something, but I can't see it yet. The only attacking moves in the first half came through Shola.

This has been the season of the scrappy win.

Best's shirt land in the home end when he threw it?

Bet it's still there.

Guest toonlass

The little Newcastle mascot was mint today. When he pulled on that Spiderman mask and did the web-shooting action it was mint. He was lapping up the cheers too and was giving it large in front of the Peterborough fans. What a great kid!

The little Newcastle mascot was mint today. When he pulled on that Spiderman mask and did the web-shooting action it was mint. He was lapping up the cheers too and was giving it large in front of the Peterborough fans. What a great kid!

He was mentioned on the radio , saying he was in the full yellow kit too  :lol:

first up on bbc....

Teasing us.

And they put us on second. Why didnt they just put the match on, following on from the build up. It wasnt like they showed extended highlights of Bristol C v Forest.

What a bizarre bit of programming :idiot2:

Worrying that Harper is making so many terrible mistakes. We really cannot afford to go into the premier league and concede easy goals. We're going to have to win an awful lot of games 1-0 to stay in the the big league.