The "We Won't Win Another Game This Season" Fred aka Relegation-o-meter

Stu
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

3 for me. we're on a similar level to quite a lot of the premier league bottom half. we should stay up and i think 13th isn't too unrealistic. if i see someone on tv seriously talking about europe i will hunt them down and kill them.

good to see u posting again mate

When Keegan took us up, he joked "Watch out Sit Alex, we're coming after you".

Hughton HAS to exude that attitude to the players. He HAS to make them believe that anything is possible.

Positive mental attitude is the first stepping stone to any successful season.

Thing is, last season we had a team of high value players who thought they were above a relegation scrap, didn't want to play for us, were disorgansed and disinterested. Our relegation rivals were generally teams of cheap players who were motivated, organised and were pleased to be playing for that squad and excited to be playing in big stadiums, against big teams in a top league, players to whom recognition of the manager and the fans actually meant something. Whether we struggle in this league or not, I'm looking forward to being in the latter camp for a change and I fancy our chances against jaded, long term premier underachievers with costly wasters like elmander moping around the pitch.

• 1 month later...

I had nothing to do 2 months ago and started playing in excel.  I was basically looking at how past promotion teams have actually fared in their first season in the Premiership.  They did better than i thought.

http://www.ismennt.is/not/sturla/myndir/promotionchart.JPG

At the moment: 1

Don't think we'll be in that big relegation battle next season. We'll surprise a few (big) teams and get some unexpected draws and wins from them. Add to that our great home form and we'll be fine.

If we get the three significant upgrades (ST, CM, RB) we'll be more than fine. I agree with BlueStar on the last page. It's going to be very refreshing being in the underdog camp, rather than being a perennial underachiever with wasters that don't really care that much.

Until we get the three know priorities in, it's a 7 for me.

Well that's what i'm basing my 1 on. I think we will.

If we didn't sign anyone we'd drop faster than a lead balloon. And if someone told me right now that it would be Smith and Nolan in centre-mid, then i'd go for a 10.

But i don't think it will be. In Chrissy we believe. :aww:

I like the analysis at the top of this page. For all the commentators 'bluster' about it being impossible for the promoted teams to stay up, only once have all 3 gone down in 20 years.

Thus being champions we're in the best position to take advantage. Regardless of the stats though  i'd put us no different in terms of squad to many other at that does of the table with the additional benefit of having trimmed some high wage earners last year.

Its still an 7 though.

5. Which implies we are as likely to go down as we are stay up. I don't see how relegation can be any more likely than that with the usual suspects West Brom, playoff winners, Wolves, Stoke, West Ham, Bolton, Birmingham, Wigan.

Incidentally, can we have a Europe-o-meter just so we can bump one after a win and one after a defeat?

5. Which implies we are as likely to go down as we are stay up. I don't see how relegation can be any more likely than that with the usual suspects West Brom, playoff winners, Wolves, Stoke, West Ham, Bolton, Birmingham, Wigan.

Incidentally, can we have a Europe-o-meter just so we can bump one after a win and one after a defeat?

West Ham are our best bet to be our equals as their owners are as likely as ours to say or do something stupid to affect the confidence of the playing and management staff.

Idiocy to be confident of survival. :rolleyes:

Fuck's sake. Grow a pair, that's just needlessly pessimistic. We'll be fine, even without much money to spend. There's copious amounts of dog-muck in the big league, aswell as two even shitter teams coming with us. We still need those upgrades and we can still get them from the bargain basement - and i think we will.

We'll be absolutely fine.

Idiocy to be confident of survival. :rolleyes:

f***'s sake. Grow a pair, that's just needlessly pessimistic. We'll be fine, even without much money to spend. There's copious amounts of dog-muck in the big league, aswell as two even shitter teams coming with us. We still need those upgrades and we can still get them from the bargain basement - and i think we will.

We'll be absolutely fine.

have to say there are times when i saw each team in the prem last season and thought if we were to play them they'd do us

but many other times when i saw teams and thought i'd fancy us to get something off these....wigan for large parts,west ham, stoke, sunderland when they went nearly 3 month without a win, wolves. not saying we will stop up but even with this squad we are far from certainties to go down.