The "We Won't Win Another Game This Season" Fred aka Relegation-o-meter

Stu
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Don't like this nonsense of the likes of blackpool, wba and wigan getting points in the most unexpected of places like.

Experience says it won't last. Let's see who's crocked, suspended, or fallen out with his manager in a month or two's time.

Still sticking to my 7.5....will re-address after the Wigan and Mackem games..

So you think we're 75% likely to go down... three times as likely as we are to stay up? Seems pretty harsh based on performances and points so far.

/quote]

Made the decision before we signed HBA and Tiote - decided to stick with it and our results against Blackpool and Stoke at SJP have not convinced me to change it.WBA are playing at least as well as us and getting some decent results - ditto Blackpool although I think they will drop away.

We are not making good chances - I have said why I think that is so on other threads..if we fail to do that we will go down - simple as.

• 2 weeks later...

First time I'm genuinely worried again :(

Add the days we're just plain shit to the days of terrible decision making from the manager costing us games... that all equals a bad situation.

I still think we'll stay up but i'm not as confident as i was 24 hours ago. Not only because of Ben Arfa, but also because luck is going against us with even more ferocity than in 08/09.

You must be clairvoyant or something, mate.

Was worried by what I saw on Saturday, but even more so now you factor in injuries, suspensions and prison sentences.

I still think we'll stay up but i'm not as confident as i was 24 hours ago. Not only because of Ben Arfa, but also because luck is going against us with even more ferocity than in 08/09.

You must be clairvoyant or something, mate.

Was worried by what I saw on Saturday, but even more so now you factor in injuries, suspensions and prison sentences.

What do you mean? I made that post after the Man City game, incidentally.

Still on a knife-edge although as our easier fixtures pass us by without winning then it's getting more likely we'll go down. Still expecting Blackpool to hit the wall but we need 25 points on the board by Xmas or we're right in the shit as our last 12 games are tough.

Still on a knife-edge although as our easier fixtures pass us by without winning then it's getting more likely we'll go down. Still expecting Blackpool to hit the wall but we need 25 points on the board by Xmas or we're right in the s*** as our last 12 games are tough.

Our last 12 games will be made easier by the return of Ben Arfa who I think will return some time between us playing Arsenal and Bolton as long as he doesn't pick up any knocks or tweaks while building up his fitness.

Still on a knife-edge although as our easier fixtures pass us by without winning then it's getting more likely we'll go down. Still expecting Blackpool to hit the wall but we need 25 points on the board by Xmas or we're right in the s*** as our last 12 games are tough.

Our last 12 games will be made easier by the return of Ben Arfa who I think will return some time between us playing Arsenal and Bolton as long as he doesn't pick up any knocks or tweaks while building up his fitness.

I know I'm being pessimistic but I can't see Ben Arfa coming back before the end of the season. I know that's what the reports say but it'll take at least a month to build him up and another 3 or 4 games to get up to speed.

He might play for us again but I can't see him contributing much immediately.  :undecided:

Hope I'm wrong obviously.

I know I'm being pessimistic but I can't see Ben Arfa coming back before the end of the season. I know that's what the reports say but it'll take at least a month to build him up and another 3 or 4 games to get up to speed.

He might play for us again but I can't see him contributing much immediately.  :undecided:

The leg has been operated on so will heal much quicker than a broken leg which is just put in plaster.  He'll also be able to put his weight on to the leg and the muscle wastage will be minimal, especially his thigh muscle, he'll be back earlier than most expect.  Having the bone pinned will also mean that his ankle isn’t inside of a cast so all of his joints will be working as normal.  The bone should be healed perfectly by Christmas, after that it will be a case of building up the muscle in his lower leg.

No mention of any ligament damage makes all of the difference and is the reason he'll not be out as long as some of the high profile leg breaks.

The leg has been operated on so will heal much quicker than a broken leg which is just put in plaster.  He'll also be able to put his weight on to the leg and the muscle wastage will be minimal, especially his thigh muscle, he'll be back earlier than most expect.  Having the bone pinned will also mean that his ankle isn’t inside of a cast so all of his joints will be working as normal.  The bone should be healed perfectly by Christmas, after that it will be a case of building up the muscle in his lower leg.

No mention of any ligament damage makes all of the difference and is the reason he'll not be out as long as some of the high profile leg breaks.

Hey, fingers crossed mate. :thup:

He's by far the most talented player in our squad and the more games he plays the more chance we have of staying up.