The "We Won't Win Another Game This Season" Fred aka Relegation-o-meter

Stu
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I know I'm being pessimistic but I can't see Ben Arfa coming back before the end of the season. I know that's what the reports say but it'll take at least a month to build him up and another 3 or 4 games to get up to speed.

He might play for us again but I can't see him contributing much immediately.  :undecided:

Hope I'm wrong obviously.

The leg has been operated on so will heal much quicker than a broken leg which is just put in plaster.  He'll also be able to put his weight on to the leg and the muscle wastage will be minimal, especially his thigh muscle, he'll be back earlier than most expect.  Having the bone pinned will also mean that his ankle isn’t inside of a cast so all of his joints will be working as normal.  The bone should be healed perfectly by Christmas, after that it will be a case of building up the muscle in his lower leg.

No mention of any ligament damage makes all of the difference and is the reason he'll not be out as long as some of the high profile leg breaks.

do you have any examples of both cases, where one has come back faster than the other?  ostensibly it seems like surgery cases would likely take longer to get back than non...

do you have any examples of both cases, where one has come back faster than the other?  ostensibly it seems like surgery cases would likely take longer to get back than non...

My brother broke his leg twice and had one operated on and one not, the recovery time for the break that was operated on was a lot shorter because of the reasons mentioned earlier.  You can also read up on it here http://www.physioroom.com/injuries/calf_and_shin/tibia_fibula_fracture_full.php. 

My brother broke his leg twice and had one operated on and one not, the recovery time for the break that was operated on was a lot shorter because of the reasons mentioned earlier.  You can also read up on it here http://www.physioroom.com/injuries/calf_and_shin/tibia_fibula_fracture_full.php. 

Mick, after reading that I feel like giving you a big man hug!   :lol:

Still think we should be aiming for upper mid-table and finishing lower mid-table (12th-14th), and think that's where we'll finish. When you think clubs who'll be finishing around 10th will be Sunderland & Bolton, two sides who I've not seen anything to suggest this season are better than us by much, we should be looking at that.

• 4 weeks later...

We've twice as many points as 19th and effectively five more than 18th. And the rest of the league is as unpredictable as ever.

Suspensions and injuries are starting to take their toll now though.