NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

think people are maybe expecting to much from Carroll... He is still only 21.. wouldn't be a bad option to put Santa Cruz in when Carroll's form starts to dip. don't get me wrong, I think Carroll has huge future ahead of him, but I would never in a million years say no to a player like Cruz. I also think he's the kind of player who enjoys playing as the lone striker like he did alot when he played for blackburn.

`Regarding Santa Cruz, i think he's a quality footballer but his injury record is what puts me off, rather than his goalscoring record. I think he'd bring the team goals even if he wasn't exactly prolific. However, if we're limiting ourself to Ben Arfa + A.N other, i'd rather get someone likely to be available for 36 games.`

cant say his injury record is valid imo

we have to win 9 more games to stay up+ 8 draws away from home. [38pts]  IF santa cruz stays fit for 8 games and scores every other game+assists for carroll then it is worth it.

its maths innit.

Rather sign two attacking/creating wingers/midfielders than a striker tbh.play with one striker up top with a creative attacking mid behind. its more important we get the creativity and pace in midfield, I have faith that most of our strikers can finish given the chances. 

26 year old Argentine striker Cavenaghi in his last year at Bordeaux and apparently available for £5 million.

Haven't seen too much of him, but recall him being more of a poacher type I think. Might work with Carroll?

Anyone reckon N'gog would be worth enquiring about on loan. liverpool would obviously need to bring another striker in but with Cole and Jovanovic there now I reckon he'd be available. I think he's just what we need up there and would get 10 goals imo.

Anyone reckon N'gog would be worth enquiring about on loan. liverpool would obviously need to bring another striker in but with Cole and Jovanovic there now I reckon he'd be available. I think he's just what we need up there and would get 10 goals imo.

:kasper:

N'Gog is really poor.

I'm trying to think of any other Man City players we could be after apart from the 2 named above. Houghton has confirmed we have spoke to them, so we are definatly in for someone, just hoping its not Caicedo or Santa Cruz  :lol:

:kasper:

N'Gog is really poor.

No he isn't, he'd benefit playing under less expectation and pressure and has all the ingrediants to be a good striker.

I'm trying to think of any other Man City players we could be after apart from the 2 named above. Houghton has confirmed we have spoke to them, so we are definatly in for someone, just hoping its not Caicedo or Santa Cruz  :lol:

ive been thinking it could be swp

ive been thinking it could be swp

Exactly what i've just thought

Bridge - Back-up to Enrique? Wouldn't come as back-up, pointless

SWP - Not as good as he was a few years ago, would probably rather stick with Routledge if I'm brutally honest, rather than disrupt the team.

M Johnson - History of being interested in him, but is now a fat wreck and we have loads of centre mids

Robinho - :lol: Go on Chris lad, ask for the craic.

Caicedo - Nearly joined West Ham on loan so feasible I guess, haven't seen much of him.

Cunningham - Young defender, be a bit of a waste of a loan

Boyata - Same

Jo - Not the best, would probably be available.

Sant Cruz - Speculated to be available but not what we need IMO.

Nolan and SWP couldn't be more opposite. Actually, it's ridiculous.

Eh? So you think we're trying to sign somebody similar to Nolan? If we're at least interested in Ben Arfa, he's fuck all like Nolan, for starters.

Eh? So you think we're trying to sign somebody similar to Nolan? If we're at least interested in Ben Arfa, he's f*** all like Nolan, for starters.

No. It was merely a pointless observation.

Eh? So you think we're trying to sign somebody similar to Nolan? If we're at least interested in Ben Arfa, he's f*** all like Nolan, for starters.

No. It was merely a pointless observation.

Oh, I see :lol:

Might fancy routledge behind carroll, swp's wide right. Both hughton and wayne have said he can play well through the centre.

I wouldn't complain, he showed last season he has a decent shot and pass on him.

Unlikely city will be letting him go, more likely we are after santa cruz and boyata. Not really sure what the latter would bring to us. He is supposedly very talented, but we don't need another CB. Kadar will be back and campbell fit over the next couple of weeks.

Might fancy routledge behind carroll, swp's wide right. Both hughton and wayne have said he can play well through the centre.

I wouldn't complain, he showed last season he has a decent shot and pass on him.

Unlikely city will be letting him go, more likely we are after santa cruz and boyata. Not really sure what the latter would bring to us. He is supposedly very talented, but we don't need another CB. Kadar will be back and campbell fit over the next couple of weeks.

I mentioned Routledge would be an improvement on Nolan but we really need him wide right unless we bring another winger in. I think Routledge is as good a right winger as we are gonna get atm so I'd rather he stayed out there.

Yeah, I think that was when he had just been brought in, and he was subsequently given the number 10 jersey. I was thiking at the time we might play him through the centre, probably would have if Pancrate was a bit better.