NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

That Sunday Sun article implies that the striker would be domestic, and would be from a cash strapped club, that is looking to get rid. also seems to imply that it's someone quite reputable.

Rodallega?

Wigan are not cash strapped are they? Dave Whelan has said he doesn't need to sell players in the past and Zoggy only went because of his desire to move on etc.

Besides Sow, the best cheap ST we can get atm would be Lucas Barrios.

-He gets less playing time at Borussia after Lewandowski took over..we're talking Borussia's best scorer of last season. He wants playing time and has threatened to leave in search of that. The head guys at Dortmund admitted that they will let him go if the right offer comes, which would be in the range of (8-12m).

Lucas can play as ST, while Ba plays SS. He's got height, strength, pace, good link up play, and solid finishing. I think a partnership of Ba and Barrios would be more than enough to take us to the next level.  :D

..or we can get Ivica Olic, if we think like Mike Ashley.. :dave:

Don't think 8-12m is cheap for Ashley standards.....would be amazed if we spent anything over 5m (let alone anything with the way things usually pan out)

Olic on loan sounds more realistic

I'd take Rodallega for under £5m like. I get the feeling that he's a good player who's gone stale at his current club. Two-footed, quick, decent poacher, not bad from set-pieces either. Reckon he'd do a good job up top with Ba.

Like i say though, wouldn't be worth throwing a shitload of cash at. There would probably be better options abroad.

I'm pretty relaxed about this window. Sure, we need a couple of players but this has been a fantastic season so far and I'm enjoying it a lot. It'd be nice if we push on but it would also be all right if nothing happened because we have a good spine to which I'm sure we'll add to in the summer.

I honestly have not been less worried about a transfer window in a long time. We don't have any pressing needs that require significant money to be spent to achieve our goals. We'll be challenging for 7th if nothing happens this window, and that's good enough for this year.

I'm not "stressed" about this window however we really do need to sign a defender as cover for Williamson or Coloccini as mentioned above. The reason I'm not stressed is because I threw all logical stress out the window a while ago and logic would've meant us sign a centre half and a striker. The board is clearly seeing that we can "make do" with what we've got up front while Demba is away so they won't bother with a striker.

Can't see Demba going at all, saggy face mentions a clause and then all the papers go bananas with the story. The latest is there's a bidding war among 6 clubs,  :lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah right, fuck off. As skirge says it's probably related to relegation or at the very least if there is a clause in there, I'm guessing the club will offer him a new contract on more money to stave off the chance of him going. The only way I could see him going in the summer is if someone offers daft money but he's integral to the team and seems to be enjoying his time here especially as we took a punt on him with his knee questionmarks.

Thought Pardew said we weren't going to sign a striker? Why does everyone suddenly think that we are?

managers lie all the time in a transfer window trusting ones word is moronic

Even when they say we will buy a striker we don't, just stupid to think we are when he says we won't.