NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Would Hughton be looking for SWP to be the alternative for Ben Arfa now that our club's limp-wristed attempts to sign the French star has seen us probably gazumped by another premier team?

Once again Skjelbred has been linked with us . . . .

I don't think that link will ever go away until the guy retires.

Mind you even then he will probably be linked with a coaching role.

Guest andrew

Once again Skjelbred has been linked with us . . . .

We should just buy him so we dont have to be linked with him every fuckin year

I don't particularly want us to sign SWP. I'd rather stick with Routledge (and go for a central attacking player).

Whether Routledge is better than SWP will be proven this season, but I'd rather he was given the chance to prove it as he potentially has more in his locker. SWP is just a punt and run job, whereas Routledge seems more intelligent, i.e goes in field to play through balls as well as tries to get wide and stick in crosses.

SWP would be a good addition.

We need cover for the wings, and another option to play just off Carroll. In particular we need someone with a bit of pace.

SWP would provide all of these things, and he strikes me as the kind of player who needs a manager that would put an arm around his shoulder and encourage him. Seems a player who has just been lost in the shuffle everywhere he's gone since he first went to Chelsea, think he'd do well for us.

Guest Heneage

I honestly would hate SWP here, just watching him for City I end up shouting at the TV for the simple fact he's adopted the approach of kick and run. We need some pace in the middle of the pitch as well imo, a striker with pace would be nice too.

Chelsea absolutely ruined SWP. I've heard many a City fan say that he's just not been the same player in his second stint that they remembered from before he went to Stamford Bridge. If he could get back to the player he was 6 years ago then he would be an awesome signing for us. If he's the same one that's been knocking about the last two seasons then I'd rather we stayed clear of him.

Fully agree. Really seems to have gone backwards.

You wonder about the effect on a player's confidence when they go from being a star at one club to being a bench warmer at a bigger club. Or from having a licence to express themselves in a free role at one club, to being restricted to a more minor role at the next one.

SWP would be a good addition.

We need cover for the wings, and another option to play just off Carroll. In particular we need someone with a bit of pace.

SWP would provide all of these things, and he strikes me as the kind of player who needs a manager that would put an arm around his shoulder and encourage him. Seems a player who has just been lost in the shuffle everywhere he's gone since he first went to Chelsea, think he'd do well for us.

This is my view as well. I would much rather have Ben Arfa as he's a rising star, but SWP is at least a similar type of player and he had a wonderful strike on him when he was at City. I just can't see someone like Santa Cruz working alongside Carroll. Just shows a couple of year's is a long time in football. A while ago SWP was costing £20m and top clubs like Chelsea were chasing him. Has he really turned into a bad player or just maybe not good enough for the top 4?

Mourinho fucked up Duff, Parker and SWP, didn't he? Duff and SWP was exciting as fuck for Blackburn and City, then Mourinho turned them into robots who did the same thing over and over again. Parker also showed dynamism at Charlton but his style of play since he left Chelsea has been typically, for a Mourinho player, conservative.

Let's see if Mourinho fucked up Eto'o by dumping him out wide last season. I suppose Eto'o should be thankful that it was only one season. A couple more and we'd never see the type of Eto'o that played for Barca again.

Edit: I'd add in Joe Cole as well who was an exciting talent capable of producing sublime moments of skill but Mourinho turned him into a team player - an effective one, I'll admit - who's unable to produce those special moments.

Johan Elmander is starting to show his quality. I beleive this season will be a good one from him now that he has settled in to the EPL. A good Johan Elmander, running around alot would have been an ideal second striker to play along Carroll. Too bad we didn't realise this earlier since he could have been a bargain signing in june.

Guest Heneage

F***ed up Eto'o by dumping him out wide? He changed his position without diminishing his importance to the side. He knew that between Milito and Eto'o the former is a better finisher. By using Eto'o's willingness to work hard for the team and his good stamina he made him a vital cog in a treble winning side.

And you say I talk bollocks. :lol:

I'd also say he shouldn't be blamed for Joe Cole, he has always been inconsistent, Mourinho tried to make him more consistent by cutting out the flair bollocks he was so desperate to try every time he got the ball as it rarely if ever was of benefit to the team.

Does anyone know how many of Man Citys over 21's Qualify for the 8 home grown rule ?

Given

Bridge

Richards

M Johnson

Milner

Wright-Phillips

A Johnson

Taylor

Barry

Lescott

Hart