NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest Slarth

I'm not in the Eagles fan club.The guy doesn't start regularly for Burnley ffs.

Does he not, i thought he was ???  Never mind  :lol:

Whens the cut off point for each teams 25 man squad?

It has to be registered just after the transfer window closes.

I'm not in the Eagles fan club.The guy doesn't start regularly for Burnley ffs.

He's just some Man U reject who will come cheap because nobody decent wants him. These are the type of players we will be scrapping for because we don't want to pay the money required to buy the real young talent.

Unless we sign an Enrique standard right back I think I am happy with our defence;

Enrique, Kadar

Colo, Williamson, Campbell, S Taylor

Perch, Simpson

Very adequate at the moment.

Unless we sign an Enrique standard right back I think I am happy with our defence;

Enrique, Kadar

Colo, Williamson, Campbell, S Taylor

Perch, Simpson

Very adequate at the moment.

Agreed. More than happy with the current crop of centre backs.

So everyones thoughts on here are...

Attacking CM - play maker

Another forward with pace

?

In an ideal world, well that and another winger.

I would settle for just the one though.

Can't see us bringing in another midfielder now unless Ben Arfa somehow ends up here. Nolan, Barton, Guthrie, Smith and the new lad. For a start I don't think he would want that amount of central midfielders and I don't think Ashley would want to sanction it because that would basically mean we would have 6 centre midfielders with one of them struggling to even make the matchday squad. We do really need one still though.

Another striker is essential as well.

Can't see us bringing in another midfielder now unless Ben Arfa somehow ends up here. Nolan, Barton, Guthrie, Smith and the new lad. For a start I don't think he would want that amount of central midfielders and I don't think Ashley would want to sanction it because that would basically mean we would have 6 centre midfielders with one of them struggling to even make the matchday squad. We do really need one still though.

Another striker is essential as well.

We have plenty of central midfielders but we don't have anyone like Ben Arfa who could play in the hole behind the striker like Beardsley. Basically a forward with pace and skill. We need to pay the money and get someone of genuine quality with those attributes otherwise hold the cash until we can afford the real deal. No more shitty championship hopefuls thanks.

Nolan

Barton

Smith

Guthrie

Gosling

Tiote

Don't forget Vukic as another ready to step straight in.

If we needed anyone it would be a pacy striker that can add cover for the wings and 'Nolans hole' so you can see the thinking behind Ben Arfa. But to be honest if we can't get someone of his quality, I'd not be unhappy if Tiote was the last of the spending for this window.

Edit: Good God, that's spookily close to what Tron just said. That's a first. :lol: :thup:

Nolan

Barton

Smith

Guthrie

Gosling

Tiote

Don't forget Vukic as another ready to step straight in.

If we needed anyone it would be a pacy striker that can add cover for the wings and 'Nolans hole' so you can see the thinking behind Ben Arfa. But to be honest if we can't get someone of his quality, I'd not be unhappy if Tiote was the last of the spending for this window.

Edit: Good God, that's spookily close to what Tron just said. That's a first. :lol: :thup:

Glad you pointed that out, I assumed you just copied mine word for word :lol:

so it's clear to everyone what is required it seems.

I'll be worried if we don't get someone in tbh.

If Ben Arfa doesn't happen then someone like SWP would make a lot of sense. Can provide another option on the wing aside from Jonas and Routledge, and also play in a more advanced position if necessary.

Ideally we'd get two players, one for each role, but getting one is essential or we'll struggle IMO.

I think we are close to getting the right numbers but are missing class and pace. I'd go for a playmaker (HBA) and a right back (Hutton) or players of their ability. But no point adding to the squad for the sake of it eg Simpson, Perch and Raylor all have their merits at RB but are probably not top half material. Do think we will miss Routledge or Jonas if they get injured as Lovencrands, Guthrie, Barton etc are not the same. Also if we are to play one striker most of the time then Shola, Best, Xisco and Ranger as back up seems OTT. Sell Best or loan out Ranger.

I think we are close to getting the right numbers but are missing class and pace. I'd go for a playmaker (HBA) and a right back (Hutton) or players of their ability. But no point adding to the squad for the sake of it eg Simpson, Perch and Raylor all have their merits at RB but are probably not top half material. Do think we will miss Routledge or Jonas if they get injured as Lovencrands, Guthrie, Barton etc are not the same. Also if we are to play one striker most of the time then Shola, Best, Xisco and Ranger as back up seems OTT. Sell Best or loan out Ranger.

If Taylor goes then I would love to see Hutton come in, he can be an excellent player in this division, just needs to stay injury free. He has similar attributes to Enrique imo, is just a bit rougher round the edges. Not sure if the Taylor money would be for Tiote though?

Guest sicko2ndbest

WARNING: Not ITK, just an inkling i have!

I think we are in for Robbie Keane which is why a forward hasnt been bought yet. I think tonights game (Spurs v Young Boys) is vital for both our clubs. Should Spurs win, i think they will get Fabiano as they will have funds/prestige, leaving Keane surplus.

I can see Hughton bringing him in. A player with a good attitude, plenty of experience, seems a top bloke and most of all a player he will know very well with his Irish/Spurs connections

Watch this space

PS It could be Keane instead of Arfa which is why we are holding back!