NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

F***ed up Eto'o by dumping him out wide? He changed his position without diminishing his importance to the side. He knew that between Milito and Eto'o the former is a better finisher. By using Eto'o's willingness to work hard for the team and his good stamina he made him a vital cog in a treble winning side.

And you say I talk bollocks. :lol:

I'd also say he shouldn't be blamed for Joe Cole, he has always been inconsistent, Mourinho tried to make him more consistent by cutting out the flair bollocks he was so desperate to try every time he got the ball as it rarely if ever was of benefit to the team.

He's a goalscorer, he's not a winger. The fact that Inter won everything last year obviously justified everything that Mourinho did, but it still doesn't hide the fact that Eto'o's performances at Inter were incomparable to his performances at Barca, which had him rated as easily one of the best strikers in the world.

It was obvious that you would miss the point of what I said, which was focused on individual players and their style of play. I like to see flair, style, moments that make you jump out of your seat. In a Mourinho team, that doesn't happen because everyone is geared towards the team, which obviously works for him, but when players leave him, they can never recover their previous individual form, hence why I said Mourinho 'fucks up' players. Once Mourinho converts them into the team player that everyone in his team must be, they're only good so long as they're in that system. Once they leave it, they find it almost impossible to recover form and are unable to fit into other, less rigid systems.

Dunno how much "hold" it is in this rumour. But here it goes (translated):

Ian Holloway apparently want to sign Leon Best from Newcastle....

Link: http://www.nettavisen.no/sport/fotball/pl/article2968112.ece  (And they have probably found it from some crappy 'rumours page' from UK)

They got it form the NOTW and Daily Star.

By the way, isn't Best out with injury for quite some time?

Dunno how much "hold" it is in this rumour. But here it goes (translated):

Ian Holloway apparently want to sign Leon Best from Newcastle....

Link: http://www.nettavisen.no/sport/fotball/pl/article2968112.ece  (And they have probably found it from some crappy 'rumours page' from UK)

They got it form the NOTW and Daily Star.

By the way, isn't Best out with injury for quite some time?

"Injury"?

Guest Heneage

F***ed up Eto'o by dumping him out wide? He changed his position without diminishing his importance to the side. He knew that between Milito and Eto'o the former is a better finisher. By using Eto'o's willingness to work hard for the team and his good stamina he made him a vital cog in a treble winning side.

And you say I talk bollocks. :lol:

I'd also say he shouldn't be blamed for Joe Cole, he has always been inconsistent, Mourinho tried to make him more consistent by cutting out the flair bollocks he was so desperate to try every time he got the ball as it rarely if ever was of benefit to the team.

He's a goalscorer, he's not a winger. The fact that Inter won everything last year obviously justified everything that Mourinho did, but it still doesn't hide the fact that Eto'o's performances at Inter were incomparable to his performances at Barca, which had him rated as easily one of the best strikers in the world.

It was obvious that you would miss the point of what I said, which was focused on individual players and their style of play. I like to see flair, style, moments that make you jump out of your seat. In a Mourinho team, that doesn't happen because everyone is geared towards the team, which obviously works for him, but when players leave him, they can never recover their previous individual form, hence why I said Mourinho 'f***s up' players. Once Mourinho converts them into the team player that everyone in his team must be, they're only good so long as they're in that system. Once they leave it, they find it almost impossible to recover form and are unable to fit into other, less rigid systems.

I fully grasped your point. It's this concept of fucking up I can't grasp, they have the best form of their careers by him, the problem is clubs then buy these players expecting something different. The reason they tend to leave him is because he deems them not good enough, or replaceable like Zlatan, and he is very rarely wrong.

Players who leave him often diminish because they leave him, not because he's fucked them up.

West Ham United opted out of a loan deal for Manchester City starlet Felipe Caicedo, not because of an administrative error, but because they are hoping to secure an alternative player. Ecuador international Caicedo agreed personal terms, underwent a medical at Upton Park and looked set to join the Hammers on a season-long loan with an option for a permanent transfer next summer for £1 million, but West Ham pulled the plug at the last minute.

:kasper:

Only £1 million.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=817109&sec=transfers&cc=5739

West Ham United opted out of a loan deal for Manchester City starlet Felipe Caicedo, not because of an administrative error, but because they are hoping to secure an alternative player. Ecuador international Caicedo agreed personal terms, underwent a medical at Upton Park and looked set to join the Hammers on a season-long loan with an option for a permanent transfer next summer for £1 million, but West Ham pulled the plug at the last minute.

:kasper:

Only £1 million.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=817109&sec=transfers&cc=5739

My word if that's true we should definitely move for him at that price.

Seriously for £1 million he's worth a punt. He was very highly rated a few year ago and is an established international for Ecuador, only 21 so there is time for him to imrpove.

He's rough around the egdes but he could definitely be an effective squad player at that price.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Caicedo is a bit like a left footed Harewood/Shola. Occaisionally scores but is general a big battering ram style CF who is often s**** more than he is good.

He is a 21 year old version mind, with time to develop

Caicedo is a bit like a left footed Harewood/Shola. Occaisionally scores but is general a big battering ram style CF who is often s**** more than he is good.

Shola was once 21 too  :no:

Aye granted. Needs to settle down somewhere like, I'm guessing playing for a new team in a different country isn't helping his game.

Aye granted. Needs to settle down somewhere like, I'm guessing playing for a new team in a different country isn't helping his game.

Playing in 5 different countries sporadically by the time you're 21 can't be good for development.