NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest Heneage

Ourselves and Sunderland had scouts at Anderlecht v Genk, I assume for Legear.

Lucas Biglia or Legear. Lukaku would be out of our reach i reckons.

Actually, Boussoufa too maybe.

Boussoufa is to join Gullit's Russian side for 10m euro's.

Biglia looks good and he'd cost about 8.5m he'd give us a nice compliment to his former team-mate Tiote with a bit of energy going forward. The Genk side has some good youngsters too.

Whats so good about Gameiro, has anyone watched him play regularly? I remember a similar buzz around Kezman in 2005

I watch a fair bit of French Football.

He's very good, his pace, agility and finishing make him a very effective striker. My only concern is that he is slight, so we would have to play the ball to him or over the top for him to run onto. Great player though.

Didn't know he was at Roma thought he quit football and went back to Brazil.

He did for a short while then he signed for Flamengo & scored a boat load and for some daft reason went back to Italy.

Guest pont-toon

I thought you could only sign free agents outside of the transfer window if they were out of contract whilst the window was still open ??

didnt kuqi become a free agent by mutual consent after the winda clersed ? 

I thought you could only sign free agents outside of the transfer window if they were out of contract whilst the window was still open ??

didnt kuqi become a free agent by mutual consent after the winda clersed ? 

No his contract with Swansea was terminated by mutal consent on January 26th.

Left back rumors:

Newcastle United boss Alan Pardew denies they're interested in AS Roma fullback John Arne Riise.

The former Liverpool star has been linked with a move to the Toon.

Speaking on the speculation linking him with Riise, Pardew said today: “It’s not true – absolutely not true.”

----

The People says Toon boss Alan Pardew is chasing Marseille’s Nigerian left-back Taiwo, as he looks for a replacement for Jose Enrique.

Enrique is set to join AC Milan in the summer.

Taiwo will soon be a free agent and plans to leave in the summer.

(This is what the Lagos, Nigeria born player said yesterday though:

“If I was to depart, then I would not join a small club. It will be Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool or Arsenal,”

“I am not scared by the level in England. I believe I have the right level to defend against Wayne Rooney)