NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Scott Brown is linked with a Premier League team every window, must be his agent doing it as no one has gone near him and he doesn't stand out in the SPL. That's his level.

Ki Sung-Yeung is an infinitely better player than Scott Brown.

Do it pards! :nile:

Scott Brown is linked with a Premier League team every window, must be his agent doing it as no one has gone near him and he doesn't stand out in the SPL. That's his level.

Scott Brown's agent?  Mr Willie McKay.

Smith won't go. Perch is clearly trusted by Pardew and will probably stay as a back up utility player. I can see Lovenkrands asking to go though, I wouldn't be surprised if we released him.

Løvenkrands have also talked about he wouldnt mind finishing his career in Denmark.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2067851/Newcastle-close-Erik-Pieters-3m.html

Newcastle hope to seal £3m deal for Pieters after taking second bite at Holland ace

By Sportsmail Reporter

Last updated at 10:46 PM on 29th November 2011

Newcastle are hoping to clinch a £3million deal for Holland international Erik Pieters, despite the defender breaking a foot playing against his former club Utrecht last month.

The 23-year-old PSV Eindhoven left back, a friend of Newcastle keeper Tim Krul, was close to joining the club during the summer but the deal fell through.

Now Pieters, who has 14 caps after taking over from Giovanni van Bronckhorst as Holland's first-choice left back, is keen to revive the deal and hopes to be fully fit by the end of the next transfer window in January.

An injured player at a knock-down price? I refuse to believe it.

I obviously believe Pieters would be better than Ryan Taylor but I watch PSV regularly and he really isn't  that good.

IMO he does not offer much going forward and although he is sound enough defensively to cope well with wingers in the Eredivisie he is a bit slow which might be a problem in the Premiership. He is quite strong however and would be an upgrade over Ryan Taylor on defensive set-pieces and when defending crosses. People really shouldn't read too much into him being first choice at left back for Holland, there's not many decent ones to choose from.

I obviously believe Pieters would be better than Ryan Taylor but I watch PSV regularly and he really isn't  that good.

IMO he does not offer much going forward and although he is sound enough defensively to cope well with wingers in the Eredivisie he is a bit slow which might be a problem in the Premiership. He is quite strong however and would be an upgrade over Ryan Taylor on defensive set-pieces and when defending crosses. People really shouldn't read too much into him being first choice at left back for Holland, there's not many decent ones to choose from.

A defensively sound LB allowing Gutierrez to play his natural game and not play as a fullback because Taylor is lliability defensively?

Good enough for me.

Aslong as Santon plays on the other side as the attacking fullback of the two.