NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Sometimes half the hassle is caused by the player not getting regular football and either losing interest or becoming disillusioned as a result. Keep him occupied with regular football and he might become less of a problem.  Doesn't always work out like that obviously and this Morrison may just be a complete arsehole who's going to give all of his managers grief regardless of how he's treated but you never know. If the talent is there then it's worth a small gamble imo. 

Sometimes half the hassle is caused by the player not getting regular football and either losing interest or becoming disillusioned as a result. Keep him occupied with regular football and he might become less of a problem.  Doesn't always work out like that obviously and this Morrison may just be a complete arsehole who's going to give all of his managers grief regardless of how he's treated but you never know. If the talent is there then it's worth a small gamble imo.

Would he get regular football here though? Maybe he's good enough to jump straight into our first team but how would he fit in?

What makes you think he will get in the team here, to occupy him enough to be a good lad ?

Fact is, he's a cunt. Witness intimidation, people like that don't change at his age. When there older maybe. but he's too young with what sounds like a terriblely bad attitude.

The risk is way to great as the chances of us getting anything from him are zip. If fergie and the players around him, cannot tell this kid what he's pissing away. What the hell makes you think we could.

If where looking to spend a million on a prospect, why not pick up a less talented player and coach him to be better. Rather than trying to straighten out a idiot ?

Guest dogbeak

I think he'd get more games for us than for them. Never claimed he'd be starting every game but he'd find it easier to break into our XI than Man Utd's. :thup:

you sure? i'd say we're better stocked in midfield than them. that morrison (and pogba also) aren't getting much of a look-in at all suggests to me more that fergie has taken against them more than any strength in depth they have.

Guest Heneage

If you're his age and you're being told you are one of, if not the most gifted talents to come through Manchester United's academy, you're going to get frustrated at a lack of first team opportunities.

Even in cup games etc, you'd want to be on from the start playing the full 90. He's had no loan deal either, which is a bit weird given how often they like to get players out in the football league. So with that in mind I can see why he might be frustrated and considering a move to another club, if he doesn't doubt his own talent he probably thinks he'll make it to the top, be that via a stepping stone club (like ourselves) or by going through their books.

I'm not excusing his arsehole behaviour, far from it. He's got issues with professionalism, to the point where he's more famous for off field antics than match highlights. So with that in mind I'd still be cautious about signing him.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

All for it. No chance of 'squad disruption' and obviously a big incentive to the board if we can make some big cash in 2/3 years.

What makes you think he will get in the team here, to occupy him enough to be a good lad ?

Fact is, he's a c***. Witness intimidation, people like that don't change at his age. When there older maybe. but he's too young with what sounds like a terriblely bad attitude.

The risk is way to great as the chances of us getting anything from him are zip. If fergie and the players around him, cannot tell this kid what he's pissing away. What the hell makes you think we could.

If where looking to spend a million on a prospect, why not pick up a less talented player and coach him to be better. Rather than trying to straighten out a idiot ?

Because you can only get so much out of limited talent? This is a low risk, high ceiling situation. I'd be a little leery, but excited if we signed him.

I think he'd get more games for us than for them. Never claimed he'd be starting every game but he'd find it easier to break into our XI than Man Utd's. :thup:

you sure? i'd say we're better stocked in midfield than them. that morrison (and pogba also) aren't getting much of a look-in at all suggests to me more that fergie has taken against them more than any strength in depth they have.

So he's not better than Obertan, Guthrie, Gosling, Lovenkrands and Sammy Ameobi - all of whom have appeared in our midfield this season so far?

If he's not more talented and likely to get past that lot in the pecking order then we're wasting our fucking time.

'Better stocked'. Fuck me.

The problem with a talented but ill-disciplined young player is that they often get given second chances which would be denied a lesser player, simply because their club is reluctant to let them go and see them flourish elsewhere. If Morrison gets a decent contract with us after jerking Man U around, he may get the message that he doesn't need to knuckle down because there'll always be someone who wants him.

I fear that, with Ranger, any chance of an improvement went when we gave him that long-term contract.

Guest dogbeak

ah. point taken.

put it another way to deflect attention from a foolish post - i think it's telling that they'd rather have a 37 year-old scholes come back, than give a chance to a guy who is supposedly the next big hot shit.

He's not better than Guthrie is currently. But he doesn't play in the same position at all, so that doesn't even matter

Certainly wouldn't be worse on the right than Obertan though. Might as well get him in, I think. Even if he is part of a gang

Do you genuinely believe it's that easy?

FWIW Morrison is supposed to be shit hot, like very very highly rated.

Surprised they haven't played Pogba more. Saw him in one of their games, and he definitely looked talented. With all of their injuries in central midfield you would have thought he'd have got a chance. Must be so frustrating.

ah. point taken.

put it another way to deflect attention from a foolish post - i think it's telling that they'd rather have a 37 year-old scholes come back, than give a chance to a guy who is supposedly the next big hot shit.

A 37 year old Paul Scholes would walk into our squad though tbh.

Morrison is supposed to be incredibly talented, just a complete asshat. Might be worth a punt, I wouldn't be bothered if we didn't sign him though as he could be a total dud if he continues to think he's a gangster.