NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Why is Fergie known as some sort of excelent man manager of young talent anyway? It's always been said "If Gazza went to Man U Fergie would have sorted him out", "If Fergie cannot sort him out no one can" etc. Is there actually any basis behind this at all other than the team he manages? (He played a huge part in getting them where they were, granted).

That always makes me laugh, considering he'd have been joining up with alcoholics like Bryan Robson. Paul Mcgrath (there's one) says in his book Ferguson never got rid of the drinking culture at ManU, he just got rid of most of the drinkers. He's also got rid of Whiteside, Sharpe, Yorke, Beckham etc rather than 'sorting them out' and getting them focused on football. He's a football manager not a psychologist.

Why is Fergie known as some sort of excellent man manager of young talent anyway? It's always been said "If Gazza went to Man U Fergie would have sorted him out", "If Fergie cannot sort him out no one can" etc. Is there actually any basis behind this at all other than the team he manages? (He played a huge part in getting them where they were, granted).

He seems like a f***ing psycho in all honesty.

The players who've spent a fair bit of time with him - especially that lot that came through the ranks in the mid-90s - are generally perceived as being very level-headed and professional.

I don't think he'd have tamed Gazza, in fact I think he'd have got sick of his antics and got rid of him. As back then he was totally different to what he is now.

I can actually feel you aching to type 'Paul McGrath'. :lol:

I'm still pretty undecided about Morrison. Though I guess if he is that good, then he may well be worth a gamble. But then again, there's always going to be questions about his attitude. I really don't want to see another Ranger situation. Hmmm.

Means we'll have the best midfield in the league in 2-3 years.  :cheesy:

Also, I don't think we're not focused on strikers/defenders. I think we see an opportunity and are trying to take advantage of it. In fact, that's pretty much the basis for our entire transfer policy, which is why we won't always fill a position that needs filling.

Interesting. Would rather we were focusing our intentions on strikers and defenders.

What does this potential signing mean for Abeid and Vuckic?

Is Morrison not a wide man?

Don't think he's got a nailed down position. He played CM against Palace.

Interesting. Would rather we were focusing our intentions on strikers and defenders.

Is Morrison not a wide man?

Don't think he's got a nailed down position. He played CM against Palace.

:thup:

Dunno about Abeid, but Vuckic yes, who's natural position is the same if im correct?

@MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Source close to Morrison reckons he needs move 'for his career; for his life'. Crossroads for wonder kid: #nufc convinced they can save him

1 minute ago

If Morrison is pushing for the move because HE thinks it can save his career and improve his life that must be a good thing? :dontknow:

Maybe fallen in with the wrong crowd in Manchester and it's difficult to walk away whilst still living there[/justmakingthingsupnow]

@MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Source close to Morrison reckons he needs move 'for his career; for his life'. Crossroads for wonder kid: #nufc convinced they can save him

1 minute ago

If Morrison is pushing for the move because HE thinks it can save his career and improve his life that must be a good thing? :dontknow:

Maybe fallen in with the wrong crowd in Manchester and it's difficult to walk away whilst still living there[/justmakingthingsupnow]

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Sport/Pix/pictures/2009/8/6/1249580886043/Nile-Ranger-001.jpg

I feel sorry for Vuckic and Abeid if he comes in really, though I suppose club probably expects Cabaye and Tiote to have moved on before too long so a constant influx to be good idea :(

Depends where he plays and I would say even Vuckic and Abeid are very different players, someone said Morrison is a winger, someone said a central midfielder and from Youtube it looks like he wears number 10 a fair bit ???

Morrison is a #10 from what i have seen, Vuckic seems more of an Iniesta type and Abeid i cant say i have seen a great deal but i hear he's more of a DM......

Could fit in all 3 in the long term.

Barca eat your heart out  :lol:

Morrison is a #10 from what i have seen, Vuckic seems more of an Iniesta type and Abeid i cant say i have seen a great deal but i hear he's more of a DM......

Could fit in all 3 in the long term.

http://www.fansfc.com/UploadedImages/Players/dan%20gosling_633568264515312500.jpg

"No love for me?"