NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

I can't see this happening at all. Unless Jenas has seriously fallen out with Redknapp, he has every incentive to try and stay now that they've got a Champions League place. From Spurs point of view, even if he's been moved down the pecking order, he's still a useful squad member. From our point of view, I don't think we can afford the fee or the wages.

I can't see this happening at all. Unless Jenas has seriously fallen out with Redknapp, he has every incentive to try and stay now that they've got a Champions League place. From Spurs point of view, even if he's been moved down the pecking order, he's still a useful squad member. From our point of view, I don't think we can afford the fee or the wages.

Probably true but Sky punted the rumour and we need things to talk about at this time of year....

Jenas has played more Champions League games than Spurs full-stop. Sure he could live without it and come back to a proper club. In fact, there's something rather satisfying when you think O'Brien & Bramble have played more Champions League matches in their careers than King & Dawson...

Guest Schmocky

talk of using jenas or keane as a part of transfer package to get ashley young from villa to spurs in papers today.

wouldn't take jenas back to be honest was always complaining when here wanting to move down south and to be honest dont think much of him in the improvement sector since he has moved.

Don't see why his wages would be any problem.  He'll be on no more then Smith or Nolan and probably less.  No idea about the fee though.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Some of these transfers are funny. The weeks before the club statement we were linked with endless players, then the week of the statement it NO PLAYERS. Now a week removed and we're being linked with players again. Bit tired of the media creating their own stories.

Some of these transfers are funny. The weeks before the club statement we were linked with endless players, then the week of the statement it NO PLAYERS. Now a week removed and we're being linked with players again. Bit tired of the media creating their own stories.

tbf to them at least now they're mostly making it up about out of contract players. :lol:

Don't see why his wages would be any problem.  He'll be on no more then Smith or Nolan and probably less.  No idea about the fee though.

Possibly not, but it seems that Ashley is trying to keep a cap on the wages of incoming players. My hunch is that Jenas is currently getting more than that cap, and he wouldn't want a pay cut.

In any case, I don't think Jenas would want to come back. He wasn't exactly a fans' favourite.

Possibly not, but it seems that Ashley is trying to keep a cap on the wages of incoming players. My hunch is that Jenas is currently getting more than that cap, and he wouldn't want a pay cut.

In any case, I don't think Jenas would want to come back. He wasn't exactly a fans' favourite.

The whole wage cap thing is a rumour.  I mean I certainly hope they've got some kind of structure with a ceilling for the overall wage bill and guidlines for contract offers to stop things getting out of control again.  But I don't believe the talk of a £30k (or whatever it was) wage cap.

notw says we're close to cleverly on loan and mendy is a target on a free.

mirror says richardson (wtf is up with this link) and saylor to arsenal chelsea or villa (seriously are journalist normally as thick as brian mcmackem)

mirror says richardson (wtf is up with this link) and saylor to arsenal chelsea or villa (seriously are journalist normally as thick as brian mcmackem)

If Taylor moved on I would bet good money on him "doing a Milner".

He is nowhere near as bad as some make out.

hes not good enough for chelsea arsenal or villa. hell villa dont need a cb they have the very impressive pair of collins and dunne

Is that Ledley on a free? Don't know much about him but it was a really intelligent finish today, especially for a midfielder. Given we're scraping around the Championship bargain bucket, surely he's knocking around somewhere on Chrissy's list of freebie superstars?

Is that Ledley on a free? Don't know much about him but it was a really intelligent finish today, especially for a midfielder. Given we're scraping around the Championship bargain bucket, surely he's knocking around somewhere on Chrissy's list of freebie superstars?

Championship transfers are very rarely a bargain to be honest, I'd bet we'll be looking around Europe more then in the Championship.

hes not good enough for chelsea arsenal or villa. hell villa dont need a cb they have the very impressive pair of collins and dunne

I bet you could find the same comments abour Milner when we sold him.

If Taylor moves to a top 6 club and doesn't get sold within 2 years for being completely shit, i'll delete my account. CB requires more intelligence than any other position and he's about as sharp as a sponge. He'll never amount to anything away from NUFC.