NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

I can see Gosling being mostly used on the right if Barton and Tiote stay in form this season.

I can see Gosling playing at right back rather than right wing.

Routledge is as important to our team as are Carroll, Barton, Tiote and Ben Arfa.

routledge is as important as Carroll and Ben Arfa??

I can see Gosling being mostly used on the right if Barton and Tiote stay in form this season.

I can see Gosling playing at right back rather than right wing.

Routledge is as important to our team as are Carroll, Barton, Tiote and Ben Arfa.

routledge is as important as Carroll and Ben Arfa??

Yes. For me he is. Ben Arfa has been great one game, he has to prove he can do it (for us) on a consistant basis.

And Carroll wouldn't be that good without Routledge.

Disagree completely with that. If Routledge is out we put Jonas in. Like-for-like and arguably better.

Routledge got more assist and goals in half a season than Jonas has got in over two seasons....

But when you have Carroll, Nolan, Barton & Ben Arfa, I think you can afford to have someone like Jonas who can bring a different element.

Disagree completely with that. If Routledge is out we put Jonas in. Like-for-like and arguably better.

Routledge got more assist and goals in half a season than Jonas has got in over two seasons....

More assists maybe, not more goals, though not far off.

Do people seriously think that Carroll's good enough to be our main striker all season?

Yes, the problem is there's only one of him.

Plus we're not a club like Chelsea, who can just buy in players who are already fully developed and ready to compete at the top level. Within reason, we do need to have to watch players develop by giving them first team experience.

Besides the fact its a bollocks rumor, he'd be s***.

That's up there with whoever told me i was stupid for wanting Malouda here, because he'd be s***, apparently.

Gila would be shit in England.

We need another GOOD striker as a priority ; if we lose Carroll(which is almost inevitable given his style of play)for any length of time we are stuffed - we will carry little threat up front and all the hard work of what is becoming a good MF will be wasted.

Getting what we need is a major problem though - all clubs struggle to get good front men and it will be the supreme test of Hughton's(and the scouts) judgment to find what we need at an affordable price.

dunno if it's been mentioned but we're linked with Andre Ayew from Marseille (just a rumour i know) but i would

love to see him here, good player for now and the future. Dynamic and a really good player imo.

scored 2 (3-0 win) goals against Arles Avignon. Haven't seen him very much either tbh, but from what ican remember from the WC he was impressive for them, and if he had played against Uruguay (was it?) when he was suspended or whatever the reason was they would of won the game i think. I searched for him on the tube because i couldn't remember who exactly it was, but the higlights of him during their world cup campaign made me remember. Very allround player who i think would be perfectly suited to the EPL.

Your first post and last two posts seem to really contradict each other :lol:

i guess i was too tired when i posted that hehe :) i meant more that from what i've seen from the world cup he was on of their better players, and that he seemed to be very allround in his play, dynamic, strength, and some decent skills too, willing to tackle and take on one on ones.

But that doesn't say i've seen "much" of him apart from the wc or me being able to remember what his end product was like.

But he looked quality in general. But me saying "i would love to see him here" maybe is going a little bit too far since i cant

say for sure about his end product, but that type of player i think would do well for us.