NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Mackems now desperate for a forward. If Fraizer C misses this season they have Bent, Welbeck and Waghorn... that is it.

Mackems now desperate for a forward. If Fraizer C misses this season they have Bent, Welbeck and Waghorn... that is it.

Quick. Get the Shola and Best catalogues over to them.

Catalogues?? Hahaha

Could probably write both of their qualities on the back of a beer mat

I'm assuming that we'll only land Keane if Spurs can get another striker in, which at the moment seems unlikely.

why is Keane so out of favour at spuds?

I suspect, for the reason he's ended up out of favour everywhere else he's been. In the end, he doesn't contribute enough to the team effort.

I don't think it's laziness. I just think he's not a good athlete.

For all that, I think he'll stay at Spurs, because in order to improve their team, they'll have to pay £20m, which they seem unwilling to do.

• 3 weeks later...

I think we need cover for the wings more than another AM.  Ben Arfa, Vuckic, Barton and Gosling(at some point) could play there.  Pretty sure Xisco (not that he'll ever get a game again) could play off the front man in a more 4-4-1-1 type and so could lovenkrands. 

But for the wings unless I'm just forgetting the dead obvious, Jonas, Hatem and Wayne are all the quality we have; lose one and it's already bare bones.  Raylor can play right side and I guess Lovenkrands can play out wide but I don't think that's his favorite spot.  Who am I forgetting because I know I am. 

I think we need cover for the wings more than another AM.  Vuckic, Barton and Gosling(at some point) could play there.  Pretty sure Xisco (not that he'll ever get a game again) could play off the front man in a more 4-4-1-1 type and so could lovenkrands. 

But for the wings unless I'm just forgetting the dead obvious, Jonas, Hatem and Wayne are all the quality we have; lose one and it's already bare bones.  Raylor can play right side and I guess Lovenkrands can play out wide but I don't think that's his favorite spot.  Who am I forgetting because I know I am. 

I reckon Guthrie could do a half decent job on the right wing, I know it wasn't his best position last season due to his lack of pace and stamina but the extra space he gets in a wide position allows him to put a good ball in which is something he can do really well at times. I don't see him getting many chances more central at the moment either.

I can see Gosling being mostly used on the right if Barton and Tiote stay in form this season.

I look at our team and think where are the goals? Carroll will get double figures, but will prove inconsistent as he is young and beyond that I can't guarantee goals from any of the other players, you just have to place hopes on Barton, Nolan and Ben Arfa.

I can see Gosling being mostly used on the right if Barton and Tiote stay in form this season.

I can see Gosling playing at right back rather than right wing.

Routledge is as important to our team as are Carroll, Barton, Tiote and Ben Arfa.