NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Berbatov is a Newcastle fan to be fair so at least there is logic behind this crazy rumour. Would absolutely love him at St James', but in all honesty there is a chance he's past his best. For £7.5m though I'd probably be willing to give it a shot.

Wasn't he just a Shearer fan?

Berbatov is a Newcastle fan to be fair so at least there is logic behind this crazy rumour. Would absolutely love him at St James', but in all honesty there is a chance he's past his best. For £7.5m though I'd probably be willing to give it a shot.

Wasn't he just a Shearer fan?

Newcastle fan because of Shearer perhaps - http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article365647.ece

I don't know, maybe it's because I've been smoking a :bng: but I think there is a chance Berbatov could sign for us, which would make us all very happy. :cloud:

Ashley should invite him to SJP and show him the best bits of the city, :occasion14: but that doesn't necessarily mean he'll sign. You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink. :horse:

people saying he's on his way down are wrong, he's the sort of player that can keep playing til his late 30s, fitness permitting. :mick:

:evil5: if he is to join us we will first need him to sign a contract, by pointing to where he should sign. Don't be too upset if he doesn't. :sigh:

:kermit:

:morph:

Funny that I was just thinking earlier about how good berbatov would be instead of gamerio...this after reading he was unhappy and off like.

There's not many 30 year olds I'd want to spend £8m on and pay our top whack in wages but for at least two seasons him as our main man used every game when fit would transform us and close the gap we looking at that is above us.

Pardew should send him a new nufc top with his name and number 9 on the back, ask him how it fits?

I don't know, maybe it's because I've been smoking a :bng: but I think there is a chance Berbatov could sign for us, which would make us all very happy. :cloud:

Ashley should invite him to SJP and show him the best bits of the city, :occasion14: but that doesn't necessarily mean he'll sign. You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink. :horse:

people saying he's on his way down are wrong, he's the sort of player that can keep playing til his late 30s, fitness permitting. :mick:

:evil5: if he is to join us we will first need him to sign a contract, by pointing to where he should sign. Don't be too upset if he doesn't. :sigh:

:lol: :lol:

Berbatov won't come here.

But if he would, it would be a great move for us IMO. Sure, he's 30, but he's genuinely world class and his game is based on technique rather than pace. £7.5m would be good value, but I wouldn't want to pay much more than that considering his wages and age.

Berbatov

Jonas       Ben Arfa     Gervinho

Tiote  Cabaye

f*** me, that's a tasty (theoretical) lineup.

Sturridge another one who would be awesome, would much perfer him to Berbatov but think he's probably even more unattainable. He'd come here, quite possibly, but Chelsea would be mad to sell him. At least Berbatov could be for sale.

I don't even know whats just happened :lol:

Sturridge for £11.5m bid in according to someone on footymad.net. This twitter malarky had Titus dead yesterday

Can't see it mesel like - I reckon you'de be looking at at least another £5m on top + Chelsea are managerless. If he's loaned out it would be ideal if we offered him an opportunity.

:lol: :lol:

Berbatov?! Dream come true move, at £7.5 million I would think I'm in a coma. Its never, ever going to happen. He basically has his pick of most European clubs this summer.

Sturridge for £11.5m bid in according to someone on footymad.net. This twitter malarky had Titus dead yesterday

Can't see it mesel like - I reckon you'de be looking at at least another £5m on top + Chelsea are managerless. If he's loaned out it would be ideal if we offered him an opportunity.

:lol:

His source: 'Its currently doing the rounds on twitter and a few people on Eds site talking about it including one source from who claims to know Nolan.'

That's NUFCblog.

I think the rumour is bollocks ofcourse, but if we could get Berbatov it would be awesome, and his age isn't a worry for me, the style of player he is he could do a job for a few seasons yet.

Imagine Berbatov leading an army of N'Zogbia, Nolan, Ben Arfa, Cabaye and Tiote. :lol: We'd have a genuine shot at breaking the Top 4, atleast on paper.

----------------------- Berbatov -----------------------

------------------------------------------------------------

N'Zogbia ------------- Nolan -------------- Ben Arfa

----------- Cabaye --------------- Tiote ---------------

Enrique ---- Coloccini ---- Williamson ---- Simpson

-------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------- Krul -----------------------------

... :fwap: Tremendous shame we haven't got a chance in hell.

Imagine Berbatov leading an army of N'Zogbia, Nolan, Ben Arfa, Cabaye and Tiote. :lol: We'd have a genuine shot at breaking the Top 4, atleast on paper.

----------------------- Berbatov -----------------------

N'Zogbia ------------- Ben Arfa -------------- Gervinho

----------- Cabaye --------------- Tiote ---------------

Enrique ---- Coloccini ---- Williamson ---- Simpson

-------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------- Krul -----------------------------

... :fwap: Tremendous shame we haven't got a chance in hell.

FYP ;)