NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest Antigalican

or 'Chris bought Cleverley'

i'm waiting for the david dunn signing, so the headline would be 'cleverley dunn chris!'

Looking forward to the first "Cleverley taken free-kick".

Mansare is definitely a winger, remember watching him for guinea in previous african cup of nations. from what i remember he is preternaturally quick and basically just runs in a straight line with the ball cos A/ no one could ever hope to keep up with him and B/ cos he is too clumsy to do anything else productive.

He's essentially Oba except worse in every aspect of the game. Except for speed. He probably matches him there. I wouldn't mind him, but definitely would not want to be paying much.

If we are looking at wide forwards who played for Toulouse last season, than Kazim Kazim is a better option. I think Fener still own him though.

^ i think kazim-richards is out of contract in summer 2011, and that fener definitely want rid of him. don't know if he's worth going for because he's of the dyer/pennant mould, i'm sure it's off the field stuff why fener sent him out on loan

i know it's wikipedia but i do remember reading elsewhere too

Despite success on the pitch during the 2009–10 season, Kazim-Richards had an argument with Fenerbahçe fans after being taken off the pitch in a match against İstanbul Büyükşehir Belediyespor.[9]. Against Beşiktaş, Kazim-Richards was red carded for swearing at the referee and banned for 4 matches.[10]. While serving his ban, on the same night that his team mates lost to Kasimpasa, the media reported Kazim-Richards was out on the town. This report was denied by the Fenerbahçe board who released an official statement. The following day, pictures of Kazim-Richards were released and the Fenerbahçe board rescinded their earlier statement, claiming that Kazim-Richards had lied about his whereabouts which had triggered their denial of the report.[11]

In December 2009, Kazim-Richards was also alleged to be involved in a sex scandal also involving other Fenerbahçe players.[12]. A few days later while speeding to get to his team's training session, Kazim-Richards had a car crash during which he had not worn his seat belt and broke his right wrist.[13]

Following these events, the Fenerbahçe board and manager Christoph Daum sought to find an alternative club for Kazim-Richards to join.

talent/age wise he'd be a good shout though

McFadden's atrocious.

Worth signing him just to play against Stoke, A.Faye had a mare against him a few seasons ago.

Not a great reason.  Faye ain't a stoke player anymore.

Ab Faye not Am Faye.

McFadden's atrocious.

Worth signing him just to play against Stoke, A.Faye had a mare against him a few seasons ago.

Not a great reason.  Faye ain't a stoke player anymore.

Ab Faye not Am Faye.

Bah. :-X

i know it's wikipedia but i do remember reading elsewhere too

Despite success on the pitch during the 2009–10 season, Kazim-Richards had an argument with Fenerbahçe fans after being taken off the pitch in a match against İstanbul Büyükşehir Belediyespor.[9]. Against Beşiktaş, Kazim-Richards was red carded for swearing at the referee and banned for 4 matches.[10]. While serving his ban, on the same night that his team mates lost to Kasimpasa, the media reported Kazim-Richards was out on the town. This report was denied by the Fenerbahçe board who released an official statement. The following day, pictures of Kazim-Richards were released and the Fenerbahçe board rescinded their earlier statement, claiming that Kazim-Richards had lied about his whereabouts which had triggered their denial of the report.[11]

In December 2009, Kazim-Richards was also alleged to be involved in a sex scandal also involving other Fenerbahçe players.[12]. A few days later while speeding to get to his team's training session, Kazim-Richards had a car crash during which he had not worn his seat belt and broke his right wrist.[13]

Following these events, the Fenerbahçe board and manager Christoph Daum sought to find an alternative club for Kazim-Richards to join.

talent/age wise he'd be a good shout though

Skin tone appropriate also.

:snod:

Guest JamesyJazz

McFadden's atrocious.

Aye,that goal he scored against France was pure shite like.

I wouldn't fancy paying big money for McFadden, by that I mean owt over £3m.

Think he could be a decent signing though, but I'd rather have someone a bit more comfortable on their/the right.

McFadden is good man, albeit inconsistent.. We certainly need a player with good technique and flair upfront.. In general our attacking style is very predictable

I don't usually like players who don't have pace but McFadden's a clever player and he'd be much better playing behind the main striker than Nolan in a 4-5-1. Worth a punt IMO.

From a brief scan of the article it doesn't really sound like we are interested, it was a bit "well Newcastle do need players so they could be interested" so it could have been about anyone.

McFadden is good man, albeit inconsistent.. We certainly need a player with good technique and flair upfront.. In general our attacking style is very predictable

I don't usually like players who don't have pace but McFadden's a clever player and he'd be much better playing behind the main striker than Nolan in a 4-5-1. Worth a punt IMO.

McFadden would be far more useful behind a main striker with pace though. Not sure he would work well in a partnership with Carroll.