NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Make it a points thing and I'm in.

We have a better team, a team that will get more points.

Is goals scored always the best way to measure a teams attacking quality?  I would think possession has to factor in.  More time on the ball means less time for the other club and that helps you win, too.

I think it's a difficult one to measure because you have to counter it out with some defensive context. Last season, we scored a fair few goals despite having an atrocious strikeforce and i'll put that down to some absolutely awful defending, not our attacking prowess. The West Ham, Villa and Mackems games were just comical watching and they were a quarter of our goals last season.

Well, we our net spending since last season is -£30m. Surely a team that has sold more than it has bought is worse off? If it is, then it won't get more than 46 points. I mean, that's what our net transfer spending would dictate, wouldn't it?

Well if UV believes we haven't improved then it's obviously easy money. I'll do a top ten if he wants, too.

I'm not going to bet on something on here I could get far better odds than evens for on betfair. Anyone taking the bet from me could just lay it off, it's what I'd do. Goals scored isn't a bet I've seen elsewhere, so it's one I'll make here.

Claims have been made that we will have or already have a better attack than last year. All this wishy washy oh we'll spread the goals around more but might not score as many, the attack will be better though, is just an excuse for a lack of conviction. What's going to happen to this super new attack, are they going to get a couple of goals against the poorer teams and then sit back on the lead? Why aren't they going spank some teams like last year, especially if they are more able to score against better teams? Remember we only had a decent striker for half the season last year, we've got rid of Nolan who was holding back the free flowing attacking style of play, and there's more players to come. Why would that mean we can't score more than last year unless people are underestimating what those players added to the team?

Well if UV believes we haven't improved then it's obviously easy money. I'll do a top ten if he wants, too.

I'm not going to bet on something on here I could get far better odds than evens for on betfair. Anyone taking the bet from me could just lay it off, it's what I'd do. Goals scored isn't a bet I've seen elsewhere, so it's one I'll make here.

Claims have been made that we will have or already have a better attack than last year. All this wishy washy oh we'll spread the goals around more but might not score as many, the attack will be better though, is just an excuse for a lack of conviction. What's going to happen to this super new attack, are they going to get a couple of goals against the poorer teams and then sit back on the lead? Why aren't they going spank some teams like last year, especially if they are more able to score against better teams? Remember we only had a decent striker for half the season last year, we've got rid of Nolan who was holding back the free flowing attacking style of play, and there's more players to come. Why would that mean we can't score more than last year unless people are underestimating what those players added to the team?

this whole thing is fucking woeful, up there with ronaldo and his 10k bet :lol:

:facepalm:

Well, you've been moaning about our activity in the transfer window so far so you obviously believe that we're worse off, am I right? We've sold our historic billion-goal-a-season-Geordie-England-international, alienated the best midfielder in England, in the process of selling our back-up RM and first choice LB, and have sold our inspirational captain, so we're obviously fucked, right?

£50 that we'll get more points than last year. Money where your mouth is.

Well, you've been moaning about our activity in the transfer window so far so you obviously believe that we're worse off, am I right? We've sold our historic billion-goal-a-season-Geordie-England-international, alienated the best midfielder in England, in the process of selling our back-up RM and first choice LB, and have sold our inspirational captain, so we're obviously fucked, right?

is that to me or the other lad?

is that to me or the other lad?

to UV

Speaks volumes that nobody will take his bet tbh.

UV or Pip?  I'd be more inclined to take Pips but neither are entirely dependent on the activity of NUFC so it's fucking nonsense - last year was widely recognised as an anomalous year for a lot of teams and based on that, if we stick as we are in the market, i reckon we'll end up doing worse despite having some better players on the books

UV or Pip?  I'd be more inclined to take Pips but neither are entirely dependent on the activity of NUFC so it's fucking nonsense - last year was widely recognised as an anomalous year for a lot of teams and based on that, if we stick as we are in the market, i reckon we'll end up doing worse despite having some better players on the books

I was referring to UV's proposal FWIW. Quite comical watching people try and squirm it into something else.

UV or Pip?  I'd be more inclined to take Pips but neither are entirely dependent on the activity of NUFC so it's fucking nonsense - last year was widely recognised as an anomalous year for a lot of teams and based on that, if we stick as we are in the market, i reckon we'll end up doing worse despite having some better players on the books

I was referring to UV's proposal FWIW. Quite comical watching people try and squirm it into something else.

squirm it into something else :lol:  alls he's done is read this:

Premier League

10/11    scored 56  conceded 57   points 46

08/09    scored 40  conceded 59   points 34

07/08    scored 45  conceded 65   points 43

06/07    scored 38  conceded 47   points 43

05/06    scored 47  conceded 42   points 58

Ave       scored 45  conceded 54   points 44

and determined he can prove his continually boring point about transfer spending by offering people to bet him

as it happens i think he's right, we'll not score more goals but that doesn't mean we won't have a good season

EDIT: and when i said "read this" i didn't mean that post, i meant those stats in some format or other

UV or Pip?  I'd be more inclined to take Pips but neither are entirely dependent on the activity of NUFC so it's f***ing nonsense - last year was widely recognised as an anomalous year for a lot of teams and based on that, if we stick as we are in the market, i reckon we'll end up doing worse despite having some better players on the books

I'd agree with this to an extent, however I think Cabaye & Ben Arfa (like Tiote last year) will completely change us for the better. I expect us to be a lot more fluid this year if we have the striker(s) on the pitch up to the job.

UV or Pip?  I'd be more inclined to take Pips but neither are entirely dependent on the activity of NUFC so it's f***ing nonsense - last year was widely recognised as an anomalous year for a lot of teams and based on that, if we stick as we are in the market, i reckon we'll end up doing worse despite having some better players on the books

Because the bet being proposed is laughable at evn odds. Even with the better attack we currently have does not mean to say we will socre that freely like last season the way things fell into place was awesome. UV knows he hasn't a leg to stand if he accepts anyone's revised proposal.

WBA and ourselves scored more than Spurs last season, does that mean we both have better attacking teams than them?

If that's the case shouldn't both teams concentrate on buying more defenders if we've got an attack better than the 5th place club?!

Of course it's bollocks, anyone that watched us last season would know this.

The thing that distorts our goals ratio last season is that in the home games against Villa, Sunderland, West Ham, Arsenal and Wolves we scored 24 goals which was great, the problem with that was that in the other 33 league games we only managed 31 goals and had plenty of games where our attack (the one that's apparently better than Spurs) couldn't hit a fucking barn door.

So no it's not that simple when it comes to rating an attacking teams ability.

WBA and ourselves scored more than Spurs last season, does that mean we both have better attacking teams than them?

If that's the case shouldn't both teams concentrate on buying more defenders if we've got an attack better than the 5th place club?!

Of course it's bollocks, anyone that watched us last season would know this.

The thing that distorts our goals ratio last season is that in the home games against Villa, Sunderland, West Ham, Arsenal and Wolves we scored 24 goals which was great, the problem with that was that in the other 33 league games we only managed 31 goals and had plenty of games where our attack (the one that's apparently better than Spurs) couldn't hit a f***ing barn door.

So no it's not that simple when it comes to rating an attacking teams ability.

Ben Arfa, Cabaye & Marveaux have all scored a decent amount of goals in past seasons. Thats the key really.

Its well and good to get excited about us being able to move it around better, but the ball needs to hit the back of the net. In Nolan/Carroll we had players who could create goals from little moments. If the new players get their fair share also, happy days.

Still want another striker ! Think its relying on Ba quite a lot to play him upfront on his own.