NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Right so we have a better first team than last season when we finished 12th but we're really risking relegation this time out because we have worse backup than last season?.. except we don't.

We don't have a better first team.

We'll see won't we.  I think:

Krul

Simpson Coloccini Williamson New LB

Gutierrez  Cabaye  Tiote  Marveaux

Ben Arfa

Ba

Is better than:

Krul

Simpson Coloccini Williamson Enrique

Barton Nolan Tiote Gutierrez

Ameobi Lovenkrands

I'm including Andy Carroll, which is only right given the number of points he won us. And your new left back is highly unlikely to be better than Jose Enrique, in fact given his ability it's almost certain to be a significant downgrade.

Krul

Ben Arfa

Ba

I wonder how far into the season, if ever, we'll first field that 11.

How do we have less chance of coping with injuries this season compared to last then when we've brought in 4 players so far and have lost 3 if you include Barton and Enrique?

Buying players with questionable injury records gives us less chance of coping with injuries.

We've only brought in one player with a questionable injury record. I do agree however that the squad is short.

Ba and Marveaux both have big question marks hanging over them imo. Ba's appearance record isn't bad but clubs do medicals for a reason and it takes a fair old problem to fail one. And he's our only real striker, let's face it, an injury to him or simply not living up to expectations and we are really struggling.

Ba's has a decent injury record. It's a risk over his knee, due to a botched operation clubs are worried if his knee does ever go, that could be it. Completely agree we're short on decent striking options though.

Right so we have a better first team than last season when we finished 12th but we're really risking relegation this time out because we have worse backup than last season?.. except we don't.

Krul

Gutierrez  Cabaye  Tiote   Marveaux

Ben Arfa

Ba

Is better than:

Krul

Ameobi Lovenkrands

As if Marveaux will play more than 25 games. As if The new LB will be better than Jose. As if Ben Arfa will play more then 25 games. As if Ba will score more goals than Ameobi and Lovenkrands together. As if Gutierrez will be better than Barton on the wing. As if Nolan's goals won't be missed.

This side is not better.

You don't think Ba will score 13 league goals this season?

Krul

Ben Arfa

Ba

Is better than:

Krul

Ameobi Lovenkrands

As if Marveaux will play more than 25 games. As if The new LB will be better than Jose. As if Ben Arfa will play more then 25 games. As if Ba will score more goals than Ameobi and Lovenkrands together. As if Gutierrez will be better than Barton on the wing. As if Nolan's goals won't be missed.

This side is not better.

I doubt he'll even score 12 tbh.

This side is not better.

Are you just on a wind up?  Before I respond I just want to make sure.

We'll see won't we.  I think:

Krul

Gutierrez  Cabaye  Tiote   Marveaux

Ben Arfa

Ba

Is better than:

Krul

Ameobi Lovenkrands

I'm including Andy Carroll, which is only right given the number of points he won us. And your new left back is highly unlikely to be better than Jose Enrique, in fact given his ability it's almost certain to be a significant downgrade.

Ok but we weren't a relegation threatended team after Carroll got injured/left, we got 24 points from 19 games without him.  The replacement for Enrique is unlikely to be as good I agree.  But we look to have improved in other ways, that looks a far quicker more dynamic team than last year.

Krul

Ben Arfa

Ba

Is better than:

Krul

Ameobi Lovenkrands

This side is not better.

I doubt he'll even score 12 tbh.

So you are just on a wind up yeah?

Krul

Ben Arfa

Ba

Is better than:

Krul

Ameobi Lovenkrands

This side is not better.

Well, you don't really know that do you?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Ameobi, Lovenkrands, Guthrie and Ryan Taylor are all going to be getting fairly regular playing time. It's worrying.

Krul

Ben Arfa

Ba

Is better than:

Krul

Ameobi Lovenkrands

This side is not better.

That's your answer.

How do we have less chance of coping with injuries this season compared to last then when we've brought in 4 players so far and have lost 3 if you include Barton and Enrique?

Buying players with questionable injury records gives us less chance of coping with injuries.

We've only brought in one player with a questionable injury record. I do agree however that the squad is short.

Not a dig at Pardew but we seem to have picked up injuries a lot more frequently since his arrival.

Do people really think we'll have a new left-back?  How long have we been trying to get a striker for, and we're going to find an adequate left back in however many days we have left after we sell Jose?

Ameobi, Lovenkrands, Guthrie and Ryan Taylor are all going to be getting fairly regular playing time. It's worrying.

Scary thought right there.

On the other hand, Vuckic, Ferguson, Kadar, Tavernier, Sammy Ameobi might more playing time as well, which is probably a good thing.

On the other hand, Vuckic, Ferguson, Kadar, Tavernier, Sammy Ameobi might more playing time as well, which is probably a good thing.

:thup: Indeed.

Sink or swim for those lads, could be a problem for Sammy.

Of course IMO these should all be out on loan learning they're trade in a non-pressure cooker environment but if they can make the grade here then they'll be stronger for it no doubt & that'll be good thing obviously. Kadar and Vuckic need to prove they're not crocks though first.

Should really add Ranger to that list IMO too but he seems to on the way out unfortunately.

Guest BooBoo

No chance of Ireland, nor would i want him.

There's no chance of getting anyone else. The Erdinc deal will vanish and it'll be a case of riding August out and hoping we dont lose too many more.

Krul

Ben Arfa

Ba

Is better than:

Krul

Ameobi Lovenkrands

This side is not better.

Good post - agreed.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I hope. It's scary having to imagine Shola and Loven up front for us ever again. The two most ineffective 'forwards' in the league, most probably.

I hope. It's scary having to imagine Shola and Loven up front for us ever again. The two most ineffective 'forwards' in the league, most probably.

Not even close tbh.