NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest bimpy474

Dont knock him too much, at least he is one of the few who doesn't slate and knock us all the time, he seems to have soft spot for us.

Turned on TalkSport last night just in time to hear Barton being linked to Arsenal 'because they need a ball-winner in the middle of that park' apparently. :lol:

Heard the same discussion. Barton could finally be the man to replace Viera type chat. Clueless.....

Turned on TalkSport last night just in time to hear Barton being linked to Arsenal 'because they need a ball-winner in the middle of that park' apparently. :lol:

Willy McKay said they would have won the league if Barton had been playing for them last season. What a tool.

Think it's more likely that he'd have punched out Abou Diaby, Cesc would have fled to Barcelona and Nasri would now be a Man Utd player!

Guest bimpy474

Dont knock him too much, at least he is one of the few who doesn't slate and knock us all the time, he seems to have soft spot for us.

Not knocking him, just wonder why he would know.

I knew you weren't mate ;) i just mean in general, my boss has his talksport show on in the mornings, its ok but i only really take notice when he talks about us, like i say he seems to like us, for whats it worth.

Willy McKay said they would have won the league if Barton had been playing for them last season. What a tool.

Think it's more likely that he'd have punched out Abou Diaby, Cesc would have fled to Barcelona and Nasri would now be a Man Utd player!

Didn't know Barton was a good keeper like......

Don't they know Smith is available.

Guest Recoba

Brazil said he had an email from a pal who is high up at St James.

Only repeating this because Brazil is not one to usually claim to be an ITK. He said he would bet on us to spend, mentioned 10 to 20 million on three players.

Who his source is is anyone's guess. Hr lives in London so could be any of the mob in charge. Pardew or Del Boy possibly?

Brazil said he had an email from a pal who is high up at St James.

Only repeating this because Brazil is not one to usually claim to be an ITK. He said he would bet on us to spend, mentioned 10 to 20 million on three players.

Who his source is is anyone's guess. Hr lives in London so could be any of the mob in charge. Pardew or Del Boy possibly?

The rest of the info he spouted was exactly the same as that which the national press got a hold of therefore it's probably the same source which apparently part of which was Beardsley who has proved in the past he knows noubt.

Guest Recoba

The idea of Beardsley tipping off the press with rubbish is comical.

Beardsley the player and the man are separate people to me.

The player is an all time great but the man is a arselicker.

The idea of Beardsley tipping off the press with rubbish is comical.

Beardsley the player and the man are separate people to me.

The player is an all time great but the man is a arselicker.

It came from a member of the press giving away who had told them

Guest Brazilianbob

For goodness sake doesn't anyone realise that radio shows follow the good cop bad cop strategy to generate listeners.  As someone said the other day they were raging against Darren Goughs defense of Mike Ashley's tenure and that he was barely able to refrain from ringing the show to "comment".

The same goes for Alan Brazil, he regurgitates old news rumours that we will sign a striker, midfielder, and defender, and when it doesn't happen some mongs will be on the phone slagging him off while his producer slaps him on the back and says well done Alan listening figures are up 50,000 during the Mike Ashley debate today!

Gough, the legends etc are radio trolls but Brazil isn't usually like that, only reason I posted.

Had to listen to that show in that car with the father-in-law yesterday. Who the fuck is Darren Gough to be giving his tuppence worth on our situation anyway. Last time I checked he was just a fat bowler.

Guest Brazilianbob

Gough, the legends etc are radio trolls but Brazil isn't usually like that, only reason I posted.

Had to listen to that show in that car with the father-in-law yesterday. Who the f*** is Darren Gough to be giving his tuppence worth on our situation anyway. Last time I checked he was just a fat bowler.

Who has as much right to comment on our situation as any one else.  Freedom of speech anyone?

Wonder if hes hearing it from the same top sources that were very very confident we'd get Erdinc

Sounds like we were pretty close TBH. Even "top sources" can't read players minds and find out whether they want to come here.

In what way? All thats come out is we couldnt agree personal terms. If you're very confident of signing a player, having an idea of the likelyhood of them wanting to move is quite an important factor in that. Otherwise whats the confidence based on?

If these same people are very confident we'll sign a defender, midfielder & striker i wouldnt hold their word to a massive amount of value.