NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Probably the only area on the pitch we don't need strengthening.

Called it:

Fund Barton's replacement :lol: We haven't been able or willing to get Carroll's replacement with 8 months and £35m, what makes you think we're going to replace Barton? Our transfer strategy is based on who's available on the cheap and might go up in value, if we're amazingly lucky that might happen to be a Barton style player but it could just as easily be a keeper.

How much did Man u pay for orangutang?  it was loads wasnt it?  He isnt even usually on the bench is he?

3 million pounds sterling

that all i thought it was 10m plus

I think you might be thinking of Bebe perhaps

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Obertan is fucking shite. He's got electric pace but cannot do anything with the ball, no movement, little technique. Much rather just have Fergie or Vuckic.

I think Obertan is a very good player - just needs a run of games i think. Shows flashes of brilliance coupled with long periods in the game of dross.

Just really think he needs to be playing more. I would take him in a heartbeat

Been speaking to my Man Utd supporting mate at work who generally isn't far off when discussing Man Utd related things. Think he struggles under the pressure at Man Utd and a move to a club of Newcastle's size could be very good for him. He's very strong for the reserves (albeit against far lesser players) but although he's looked poor for the first team does have enough ability to become the player everyone assumed he could become a few years back. Don't think it'd be the worst signing we could ever make based on what he's said.

Obertan has potential. He doesn't have a lot of end product at the moment but he's got shit loads of potential. He has decent technique, is pacy, has two good feet and is a good dribbler. He hasn't had enough games at Man Utd. I think he would be a good signing for us.

Let's face it, he must have some semblance of talent about him if Ferguson got him in. It sounds like he has limitations, but it's incredibly rare that Fergie buys an absolute dud (outfield players anyway). The only one I can really think of is Djemba-Djemba.

Let's face it, he must have some semblance of talent about him if Ferguson got him in. It sounds like he has limitations, but it's incredibly rare that Fergie buys an absolute dud (outfield players anyway). The only one I can really think of is Djemba-Djemba.

One of his freshest recruitments, Bebe?