NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

I would be pretty annoyed if we bought Rob Green.  It is the one area we do not need to strengthen and if he came here, it would be as the number 1 so that would mean 2 of the goalkeepers would be sold.  When we are desperately short in other areas and keep pleading poverty, it would be a ridiculous transfer especially as he would want big wages.

Where on earth has the Rob Green link come from? We have at least 2 keepers at the club who are better.

Not long ago he was your England's number 1. :lol: :thup:

The key word is ago.

and even then he wasn't particularly outstanding

Obertan has potential. He doesn't have a lot of end product at the moment but he's got shit loads of potential. He has decent technique, is pacy, has two good feet and is a good dribbler. He hasn't had enough games at Man Utd. I think he would be a good signing for us.

If we want a tricky winger with dribbling skills and poor end product couldn't we just recall Lua Lua?

Obertan has potential. He doesn't have a lot of end product at the moment but he's got shit loads of potential. He has decent technique, is pacy, has two good feet and is a good dribbler. He hasn't had enough games at Man Utd. I think he would be a good signing for us.

If we want a tricky winger with dribbling skills and poor end product couldn't we just recall Lua Lua?

Not sure it works like that mind.

Where on earth has the Rob Green link come from? We have at least 2 keepers at the club who are better.

Well, 16 months ago he was better than David James, as he still is.

The key word is ago.

It was just over a year ago he was a worldwide laughing stock. Even made it onto TMZ

http://www.tmz.com/2010/06/14/england-goalie-robert-green-world-cup-photo-soccer/

The key word is ago.

It was just over a year ago he was a worldwide laughing stock. Even made it onto TMZ

http://www.tmz.com/2010/06/14/england-goalie-robert-green-world-cup-photo-soccer/

What's the relevance of that?

The key word is ago.

What's the relevance of that?

Exactly.

There is no way Pardew was on the phone to Fergie (as per press confrence) to talk about how he deals with Twitter!! Could be something in this Obertan link, urggh.

Douglas also said this 21 hours ago:

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Also updates on Erdinç & Long in Journal tomorrow - plus another left-field target. #nufc

Don't think he ever mentioned one today.

Guest johnson293

There is no way Pardew was on the phone to Fergie (as per press confrence) to talk about how he deals with Twitter!! Could be something in this Obertan link, urggh.

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Also updates on Erdinç & Long in Journal tomorrow - plus another left-field target. #nufc

I dont think 'Left-Field' meant left sided player... I think it meant 'left field' as in unorthodox, bizarre or unexpected... and that target was Rob Green, which nobody would have seen coming.

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

I dont think 'Left-Field' meant left sided player... I think it meant 'left field' as in unorthodox, bizarre or unexpected... and that target was Rob Green, which nobody would have seen coming.

Aha  :thup: Cheers