NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Wasn't being funny, just wondered if you're still content to assume everything will be fine. Can you see now why so many people are negative about our prospects when our manager is resorting to public pleading with so little time left before the start of the season and end of the transfer window? And not only that, but openly admitting that the squad are restless because of it?

I don't assume everything will be fine at all. I know we need at least a couple of players, and I'm not 100% confident we'll get them. I do think we've been trying, but obviously we're making it hard for ourselves with our spending limits.

I think our squad as a whole is not as bad as some people think though, that much is true.

Didn't think you were trying to be funny BTW, I just didn't know if I'd answered your question. :thup:

Wasn't being funny, just wondered if you're still content to assume everything will be fine. Can you see now why so many people are negative about our prospects when our manager is resorting to public pleading with so little time left before the start of the season and end of the transfer window? And not only that, but openly admitting that the squad are restless because of it?

I don't assume everything will be fine at all. I know we need at least a couple of players, and I'm not 100% confident we'll get them. I do think we've been trying, but obviously we're making it hard for ourselves with our spending limits.

[glow=red,2,300]I think our squad as a whole is not as bad as some people think though, that much is true[/glow].

Didn't think you were trying to be funny BTW, I just didn't know if I'd answered your question. :thup:

:facepalm: Words fail me ,Colo gets injured we are fucked and you would say our front line is acceptable ,Who could come off the bench when we are chasing the game  ;D

Nothing will come in and what could have been a great summer of business has shit the bed.  Think about it: the early signing of Cabaye, Marveaux and Ba put the club in position make a huge step forward if it the club had made the purchases that had to be made.  The club wouldn't have even had to spend all of the Carroll money.  20M would have covered another striker and the cover i think we need on the back line.

It's foolish, it's bad business even, not to maximize the advantage they gained with the three early, shrewd acquisitions by purchasing the quality striker and cover with just a portion of the Carroll money.

Nothing will come in and what could have been a great summer of business has s*** the bed.  Think about it: the early signing of Cabaye, Marveaux and Ba put the club in position make a huge step forward if it the club had made the purchases that had to be made.  The club wouldn't have even had to spend all of the Carroll money.  20M would have covered another striker and the cover i think we need on the back line.

It's foolish, it's bad business even, not to maximize the advantage they gained with the three early, shrewd acquisitions by purchasing the quality striker and cover with just a portion of the Carroll money.

You dont think we will sign one single more player?

Nothing will come in and what could have been a great summer of business has s*** the bed.  Think about it: the early signing of Cabaye, Marveaux and Ba put the club in position make a huge step forward if it the club had made the purchases that had to be made.  The club wouldn't have even had to spend all of the Carroll money.  20M would have covered another striker and the cover i think we need on the back line.

You dont think we will sign one single more player?

:no:

I wish people would just reserve judgement until the transfer deadline, then by all means, go ape!  :frantic:

This line gets trotted out every transfer window and come deadline day we're always left disappointed. I'm not willing to give these fuckers the benefit of the doubt any longer. We know their game.

This. The line of 'wait until the end of the transfer window before judging' is not only tiresome but it's groundhog day-esque, and will no doubt get another airing in January.

Guest Wally_McFool

I wish people would just reserve judgement until the transfer deadline, then by all means, go ape!  :frantic:

Been there, done that, sick of being fed bullshit (or weren't you paying attention on the last few deadline days)

I wish people would just reserve judgement until the transfer deadline, then by all means, go ape!  :frantic:

Been there, done that, sick of being fed bullshit (or weren't you paying attention on the last few deadline days)

Tbf the business we did for our season in the Championship (especially in the January) was exactly what we needed at the time. Ben Arfa and Tiote weren't shabby additions to the squad last summer. With more than 3 weeks to go I haven't given up on this window yet - although it's pretty obvious plenty have.

The worst is when the deadline comes and goes and we're then told to get behind the players we have now cause theres nothing we can do about it any more with the transfer window now shut.

Tbf the business we did for our season in the Championship (especially in the January) was exactly what we needed at the time. Ben Arfa and Tiote weren't shabby additions to the squad last summer. With more than 3 weeks to go I haven't given up on this window yet - although it's pretty obvious plenty have.

Same, I also think things wouldn't be quite as bad if we'd signed the players we have with a week or so between each one.

I think the end of the window line was fine to use around the beginning of July, even after Nolan left. Now though it looks very bad, the comments coming from the club, the way our player chases have ended.

I do believe we'll sign a player or 2 but i'm not convinced they will be any good.

Exactly, I know there have been some shabby windows, but there have been some ok ones too. Some people just love the thrill of moaning I think. Look at some other clubs, Everton havent signed a single player and never seem to either.

Three weeks is more than enough time to do business.

I wish people would just reserve judgement until the transfer deadline, then by all means, go ape!  :frantic:

Same, I also think things wouldn't be quite as bad if we'd signed the players we have with a week or so between each one.

Things would also be much more up beat if we'd paid £5m for Marveaux, £7m for Ba, and £7m for Cabaye, they'd be better players then and we'd have a better squad :)

Sorry but its not Dave, some people on here go on about "only signed some players on a free" in reference to the quality of our signings or squad, as if either would be better if we'd paid the market rate.  Just the other day I read "we went into this window needing two strikers, and so far we've only signed one on a FREE!!", as if that makes Demba Ba any less of a quality striker :lol:

Yes, because the only concern fans have at present are that we didn't play more for the few new players we've signed since the end of last season.

Did I say it was the only concern? :lol:  I said things would be more upbeat on this forum, they would be..