NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Well considering we've pretty much got rid of the same amount of players as we've brought in, and our squad was paper thin anyways, I'd say it still is. We seem to have a whole load of midfielders and no strike force or cover in defence. Think we should maybe play 3-6-1 then we may have OK cover.

I don't think anyone really cares how much the players cost, it's just that most of us thought that the money from selling AC should be used to once and for all strengthen the squad.For the last three or four seasons we have always been a couple of injuries away from fielding a seriously weakened team, once we have 5-6 out, the team we have to select is extremely poor.

We need two left backs if Enrique leaves, an upgrade at right back, another Centre-Half, somebody to cover when Tiote can't get a visa, get's suspended, goes to ACN, a right winger, if Barton leaves someone to replace him, and another forward.  That's up to 8 players depending on who leaves. We have the money, the owner doesn't want to spend it, so rather than competing for a position between 5-7, which with a strengthened squad we probably could, it will be mid table mediocrity or worse.

Aye because ever squad in the Premier League is fully stocked with two quality players in every position. Behave yourself.

I don't think anyone really cares how much the players cost, it's just that most of us thought that the money from selling AC should be used to once and for all strengthen the squad.For the last three or four seasons we have always been a couple of injuries away from fielding a seriously weakened team, once we have 5-6 out, the team we have to select is extremely poor.

We need two left backs if Enrique leaves, an upgrade at right back, another Centre-Half, somebody to cover when Tiote can't get a visa, get's suspended, goes to ACN, a right winger, if Barton leaves someone to replace him, and another forward.  That's up to 8 players depending on who leaves. We have the money, the owner doesn't want to spend it, so rather than competing for a position between 5-7, which with a strengthened squad we probably could, it will be mid table mediocrity or worse.

I also want to bat Ellen Page's back door in.

And if Ellen Page was bent owa the night stand growling, "chuck it up me, big boy!" I've no doubt you would. With the Carroll cash Ashley and Llambias are in that position very now, but rather than knock the granny out of her they've decided to go downstairs and fiddle with the central heating.

Obviously no one can expect us to buy a dozen players in one go, but we've never had a better opportunity to strengthen.

I agree, we all expected more, however i'd never have expected 12 new players.

Even if we sign another three, thats still 7 weve brought in which is a decent amount for one window.

Considering we've got long standing issues with squad depth, we've sold two players, placed one on the transfer list for nowt and have another who wants to leave ASAP I'd say we need a minimum of three or four on top of Ba, Cabaye, Abeid and Marveaux to keep running to stand still.

We need two left backs if Enrique leaves, an upgrade at right back, another Centre-Half, somebody to cover when Tiote can't get a visa, get's suspended, goes to ACN, a right winger, if Barton leaves someone to replace him, and another forward.  That's up to 8 players depending on who leaves. We have the money, the owner doesn't want to spend it, so rather than competing for a position between 5-7, which with a strengthened squad we probably could, it will be mid table mediocrity or worse.

I also want to bat Ellen Page's back door in.

And if Ellen Page was bent owa the night stand growling, "chuck it up me, big boy!" I've no doubt you would. With the Carroll cash Ashley and Llambias are in that position very now, but rather than knock the granny out of her they've decided to go downstairs and fiddle with the central heating.

Obviously no one can expect us to buy a dozen players in one go, but we've never had a better opportunity to strengthen.

I agree, we all expected more, however i'd never have expected 12 new players.

Even if we sign another three, thats still 7 weve brought in which is a decent amount for one window.

It's getting those three in which everyone is worried about.

We should strengthen the squad I think everyone can agree on that, it's lacked depth for years, and this time we know that there is enough  money there to buy the players we need. Enrique will leave and will need replacing, and there is no back up unless Ferguson gets counted and as he's injured, tiny and better off playing further forward, he shouldn't be. so that's two players for a start. Campbell has left and should be replaced so we have four centre half's like everyone else. Routledge should be replaced as should Barton if he leaves. Who will cover for Tiote, well unless we buy someone it will be Smith.

Up front we have one striker who might get 10 goals and that's Ba if he's not injured. Unless Best has a serious purple patch the rest of the so called strikers we have won't get 10 goals between them. So Ba's out we get Shola. Better start praying unless we do go out and buy a top class striker.

Onuoha being eyed by Newcastle United

09:00 PM 05 August, 2011

Newcastle United Football Club are lining up a move for Nedum Onuoha.

The 24-year-old is well down the pecking order at Manchester City, who were happy to let him spend the course of last season on loan at Sunderland.

Now back at the Etihad Stadium, the signs are the defender will see little action under Roberto Mancini, who signed Stefan Savic earlier this summer.

Onuoha rejected a loan move to the capital with Queens Park Rangers this week, but it is thought Alan Pardew wants the £6million-rated ace at Newcastle on a permanent basis.

http://www.fansfc.com/story/34387.html

Guest BooBoo

Despite poor season at safc I'd be happy with a young player who can cover rb & cb

I was under the impression he did okay for them?

Guest Wearside

Despite poor season at safc I'd be happy with a young player who can cover rb & cb

I was under the impression he did okay for them?

A steady defender, nothing more. He only really played at right back for us and was decent defensively but very poor going forward and barely ever overlaps the winger and not worth anywhere near the reported £6m City were asking for him.