NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

The tabloids are just making up stories to fill the space atm. I'm sure the Valencia interest in Colo story is just a rehash as well. I read those quotes a few days ago.

I have tracked the source, and it's a new link originated in Spain. A Spanish radio pundit claimed that Colo's agent will travel tomorrow to Valencia to negotiate a deal. I have been reading the Valencia forums and people there claim he's already there (the agent).

"El Mundo Deportivo" claim that your asking price is €4,5m which I doubt.

The Valencia fans from the forum I read seem to be checking this place, by the way.

Guest bimpy474

Pardew said on SSN, after confirming Obertan would be coming that we are trying for 2 players, not sure if Obertan was one of the two.

I thought it was 1 or 2 as well as Obertan, as he said it after speaking about egghead,  mind you haven't we heard 1 or 2 all the last month and nothing has happened.

Hmmm. Makes me see the Pardew comment that Colo would like to see new players coming through the door in a new light. Still can't see us selling at that price though. It would be madness.

Guest BooBoo

It would have to be a big offer for us to sell our newly appointed captain. £8m+ and this may happen, till that kind of figure comes in I can't see him going.

Don't forget his big wages. I think Ashley would take a bit on the transfer fee just to save 80k a week. A decent bid and he'll be off.

Guest bimpy474

It would have to be a big offer for us to sell our newly appointed captain. £8m+ and this may happen, till that kind of figure comes in I can't see him going.

Don't forget his big wages. I think Ashley would take a bit on the transfer fee just to save 80k a week. A decent bid and he'll be off.

I no like you, you make me want to cry.

:)

I've obviously taken his wages in to account an still believe we won't sell him. This time next season with a year to go on is contract and I can see £3m bids being accepted unfortunately.

Guest bimpy474

If he´s on that much I can´t see Valencia matching it, to be frank.

It's certain that they are looking for a CB and he has good reputation in Spain, though, so the link makes sense.

Would you go and slowly boil your head until Aug 31st.  :angry:

:lol:

Crouch also being "discussed". Better leave it at that. And him an Pav can hardly be the strikers they're really thinking about? Thought we were after a foil for Ba, which really would seem the most logical.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Doesn't bear thinking about ending up with a defence like;

Simpson Taylor Williamson Ferguson

At the start of pre-season, Pardew said he was not going to name a captain until the start of the season and that he would name a different player to be captain for each pre-season game.  Then he very quickly named Colo as the official captain so I wonder whether he feared that Ashley might try and sell Colo and thought that if he made him captain that would deter Ashley from selling 2 captains in the close season.  It would send out a very poor message if he is sold and cause even more unrest.

At the start of pre-season, Pardew said he was not going to name a captain until the start of the season and that he would name a different player to be captain for each pre-season game.  Then he very quickly named Colo as the official captain so I wonder whether he feared that Ashley might try and sell Colo and thought that if he made him captain that would deter Ashley from selling 2 captains in the close season.  It would send out a very poor message if he is sold and cause even more unrest.

Excellent point, totally forgot Pardew had said that. :sadnod: