NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Danny Welbeck is the ''wow'' signing for the Job centre crew.

Macheda is overrated.

Both of them are. Both of them did well in a cameo appearance for one of the League's best sides, with the rest of the team making them look good. Both scored a 'wonder' goal (as proclaimed by Sky Sports Hype Machine Directors Andy Grey and Richard Keys) and are still living off that. No one cares they never showed up when they were given a full game. No one cares that Welbeck didn't exactly set the Championship alight in 8 games (I'm aware its only 8 games and he did score 2 goals).

However, you point this out and people go 'Yeah, but that goal against Sunderland.' 'They play for Man U...'

Danny Welbeck is the ''wow'' signing for the Job centre crew.

Macheda is overrated.

Both of them are. Both of them did well in a cameo appearance for one of the League's best sides, with the rest of the team making them look good. Both scored a 'wonder' goal (as proclaimed by Sky Sports Hype Machine Directors Andy Grey and Richard Keys) and are still living off that. No one cares they never showed up when they were given a full game. No one cares that Welbeck didn't exactly set the Championship alight in 8 games (I'm aware its only 8 games and he did score 2 goals).

However, you point this out and people go 'Yeah, but that goal against Sunderland.' 'They play for Man U...'

Welbeck looks nowt special. In fact, I'm surprised he's been given the chances that he has.

Macheda though is different. He looks like the complete package. He'd be a very good signing for someone that was prepared to give him a run of games.

Guest Stephen927

Macheda is good, he just isn't Manchester United good. There are a few players on their books who should thank their lucky stars for the clubs financial position, Macheda moreso.

Would love Welbeck here. Could be exactly what we need, a pacy striker to compliment Carroll. Have to admit I haven't seen a massive amount of him though, he any good? I know he's fast, that's about it.

Don't know if already mentioned but linked with a return for Paddy Van Aanholt in todays Journal, on the cheap would definately take him, looked a player...

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2010/07/15/chris-hughton-expects-things-to-heat-up-61634-26856318/

Wouldn't waste our loan on him but would have him back permanent in a flash. Ryan Bertrand is another LB I'd take from Chelsea.

Would love Paddy back here. Can't see it mind, surely he'd rather be second choice at Chelsea than here?

Cole, Zhirkov, Bertrand and V.A all competing for one place at the moment. Arguably at the back of that Q n all.

Would love Paddy back here. Can't see it mind, surely he'd rather be second choice at Chelsea than here?

Cole, Zhirkov, Bertrand and V.A all competing for one place at the moment. Arguably at the back of that Q n all.

To be fair I'd expect him to be ahead of Bertrand and that Zhirkov would usually play in midfield.

Fingers crossed you're right though. Would love him back here as I said.

aint cole off to real?