NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Simpson is playing in the Premier League on a Championship wage. I think he's got every right to ask for his contract to be renegotiated.

Well of course he has. But if we feel that we can get a better player in - and we've got plenty of time to do that - why offer him a longer / bigger contract?

It really all boils down to how much you rate him as a player, and amidst all the wringing of hands I haven't noticed one post that says he's a good player who we need to keep.

This was the initial post I had replied to, hadn't spoken about anything regarding the one you were agreeing with. Crossed wires? :dontknow:

People are jumpy because they think we will sell Simpson without replacing him this season because of what happened with Enrique. But he had one year left on his contract and was a top quality full back. Simpson is one of three fairly average right backs at the club and he's still got 2 years left on his contract. There's really not the same worry from me about his situation as there seems to be among others. 

Simpson is a player who has developed while at the club and I don't see why he can't carry on improving.  He's nowhere near as bad as some people make out.

He's a Man U reject who was never even considered first team material and he spent a year at Sunderland without getting offered a better contract than we could offer in the Championship. I don't see how he has improved in any way while he's been here other than raise his profile by being at a more glamorous club.

He's a Man U reject who was never even considered first team material and he spent a year at Sunderland without getting offered a better contract than we could offer in the Championship. I don't see how he has improved in any way while he's been here other than raise his profile by being at a more glamorous club.

I don't see how his time at Man U or Sunderland has anything to do with whether he's improved here, which he clearly has.

I don't see how his time at Man U or Sunderland has anything to do with whether he's improved here, which he clearly has.

In what way?

In what way?

He's more consistent and that was shown again against Arsenal when he defended well.

In what way?

He's more consistent and that was shown again against Arsenal when he defended well.

How does one game make him more consistent, especially when you consider that the two biggest criticisms on this site have been that he backs off too much to be a good defender and that he offers nothing going forward either? Are you talking about him being consistent in being mediocre?

I do think there has been an improvement in Simpson BUT I can't see him getting much better than this - he is a steady enough and adequate for where we are at BUT if we want to improve then we should look for someone better

it's ok, improvement is not really on the agenda

Not so much a transfer rumour but it would not surprise me to see Newcastle linked with him soon

Sverkos quits Sochaux

Striker agrees to end his contract early

Sochaux have confirmed that Czech Republic international striker Vaclav Sverkos has left the club.

The Ligue 1 outfit have announced that the forward has agreed to have his contract cancelled.

Sverkos' deal with the French club was due to run until 2012.

However, both parties have agreed to terminate that agreement early.

Sverkos joined Sochaux in January 2009 and made 48 appearances for the club, scoring 10 goals.

He spent the second half of last season on loan at Greek club Panionios, with it clear that he had no future in France.

No details have been released regarding his next move, but it is claimed he could return to Germany.

The 27-year-old has previously turned out in the Bundesliga for Borussia Monchengladbach and Hertha Berlin.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,12876_7103178,00+en-USS_01DBC.html

Still don't think it's acceptable the way we've gone about things this summer, but it can't be denied that we've had a great start to the season. Get a good left back and a good striker in and we can look upwards.

Guest bimpy474

Still don't think it's acceptable the way we've gone about things this summer, but it can't be denied that we've had a great start to the season. Get a good left back and a good striker in and we can look upwards.

One thing is for sure, Enrique spouting shite about the spirit has shown to be his version and not the rest of the players, they fought like a team, if they didn't have any spirit they would have folded.

One thing is for sure, Enrique spouting shite about the spirit has shown to be his version and not the rest of the players, they fought like a team, if they didn't have any spirit they would have folded.

I thought he said the spirit/dressing room was good?

I thought he said the spirit/dressing room was good?

He did. :lol:

One thing is for sure, Enrique spouting s**** about the spirit has shown to be his version and not the rest of the players, they fought like a team, if they didn't have any spirit they would have folded.

10/10 is what Enrique said about the dressing room so he wasn't spouting shite actually

This 100%. its incredibly crucial to our season to shore up a 1st choice LB and a starting striker - no.9, whatever you want to call it.  This side has the makings to be strong this season, we HAVE to do this.