NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Realy not convinced that the maiga thing will happen, and we will probably loan out a striker, hopefully not macheda tho :facepalm:

All the strikers wev been linked with for weeks lingered on for ages and we didnt get them, hoping something comes out of the blue...

Maiga will be happening or else why would Sochaux replace him?

My thinking too, their Sporting Director or whoever it was has already made it clear if they can find a replacement he is gone. They have since signed a striker so hopefully.

It is the Mail, but...

Newcastle closing in on £10m Cisse deal as Maiga deal hits a snag

By Sportsmail Reporter

Last updated at 11:34 PM on 30th August 2011

Newcastle are trying to tie up a £10million move for Freiburg's Papiss Cisse.

Manager Alan Pardew switched his attention to the Senegal striker after being held up in his bid to sign Sochaux's Modibo Maiga, with the French club insisting on finding a replacement before they allow the Mali international to leave.

Cisse, 26, had been a target for Sunderland until they concentrated their efforts on Spurs' Peter Crouch.

Newcastle fans are desperate to see a top striker in their No 9 shirt and Cisse seems the ideal candidate with 31 goals in 52 games in Germany.

Should the deal hit problems, Pardew has lined up a £5m move for Marvin Ogunjimi.

The Genk forward has also interested Fulham, but they were last night closing on a loan deal for Marseille's Andre Pierre Gignac and a £12.5m deal for FC Twente's Bryan Ruiz.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2031976/Newcastle-closing-10m-Papiss-Demba-Cisse.html#ixzz1WYSJs2K0

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Wasn't our earlier bid 10 million euros? Therefore, a bid of £10m would be about 12-13 million euros i.e. the mooted asking price?

Yeah. :fwap:

Since bumping threads aint cool what happened with the Nolan Roux thing?

Think Brest claimed there had been "no proposal" and it slowly died a death. A few of the local journalists and such later claimed that we felt it was "too soon" for him to make the move here.

Not sure if it's even a contingency plan now.

£10m is just over 11m Euros these days, I think.

I was basing my calculations on Santon being 6 million euros, or £5m - doubling both amounts. Either way, we're seemingly very close to hitting the asking price. :thup: