NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Dougie Freedman has told Newcastle United that they aren't a big enough club to snare Wilfried Zaha.

Speaking to the South London Press as speculation continues about Newcastle's interest in the player (especially following Peter Beardsley's wasted trip the other day), Freedman said.

'Wilfried is better than a Newcastle. I know the chairman won't accept six million and that rules out a lot of clubs. If you're talking 10 then who is going to pay? That is the top five in the Premier League.'

Read more: http://www.palace.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=266414#ixzz1hBHIiHvV

What a cunt.

Dougie Freedman has told Newcastle United that they aren't a big enough club to snare Wilfried Zaha.

Speaking to the South London Press as speculation continues about Newcastle's interest in the player (especially following Peter Beardsley's wasted trip the other day), Freedman said.

'Wilfried is better than a Newcastle. I know the chairman won't accept six million and that rules out a lot of clubs. If you're talking 10 then who is going to pay? That is the top five in the Premier League.'

Read more: http://www.palace.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=266414#ixzz1hBHIiHvV

What a cunt.

Maybe not the most diplomatic way of putting it, but he's not looking for friends in Newcastle, what does he care? Just looks like he's saying we wouldn't pay what they want for him. Which we can't really argue against if they want upwards of £6m. :lol:

What a c***.

Only the top five clubs can afford £10m like? :lol:

Vertonghen : will never happen im afraid.

Ben Arfa wouldn't happen...Cabaye another impossible transfer when you look at it.

If our scouting team have done homework, and judging by past scenarios, I'd say it's entirely possible.

I put Cabaye and this in completely different brackets, purely because there's no rumours about Cabaye, it just happened. If anything's actually been reported extensively as rumoured, I just don't have the expectation of it coming off tbh. Barfa, was a ridiculous once in a blue moon affair. If he wants to go on strike and jump on a plane for us, then by all means, I'll take it.

The ever-optimistic in me, I guess. :dontknow:

What a c***.

We'd do well to stay away from Zaha at that price.

Vertonghen : will never happen im afraid.

Ben Arfa wouldn't happen...Cabaye another impossible transfer when you look at it.

If our scouting team have done homework, and judging by past scenarios, I'd say it's entirely possible.

I put Cabaye and this in completely different brackets, purely because there's no rumours about Cabaye, it just happened. If anything's actually been reported extensively as rumoured, I just don't have the expectation of it coming off tbh. Barfa, was a ridiculous once in a blue moon affair. If he wants to go on strike and jump on a plane for us, then by all means, I'll take it.

The ever-optimistic in me, I guess. :dontknow:

Aye I'm a pessimist at heart however anything with our club is possible.  I never write anything off, good or bad.

It's true though no transfer that's ever happened in recent times has came out into the open, other than the French press.

What a c***.

We'd do well to stay away from Zaha at that price.

don't think Zaha would fetch £10m but what has he done to justify talk of £6m or £7m even? it was pretty obvious that Walcott or Chamberlain were talented and they also produced a fair amount of end product, whereas if Zaha's wiki is right he's only scored 3 league goals in over 60 games. it's not all based off a decent performance against Man Utd is it? in that case we should be asking for the same for Ranger who has had an excellent cameo against Liverpool.

Guest Heneage

Vertonghen and his partner Alderwield are both quite classy defenders. The former is more polished and I'd love him, probably cost around 10m but it'd be money well spent.

Guest Heneage

Vertonghen and his partner Alderwield are both quite classy defenders. The former is more polished and I'd love him, probably cost around 10m but it'd be money well spent.

Oh.

Tbf they may take a deal that adds up to 10m through clauses.

Vertonghen is quality, would be very surprised but then I was with a few of our more recent signings. In regards to Zaha, everyone's going on about Palace's amazing youth system but have any of their youngsters come of anything? Moses average Prem player at best, Bostock sunk under Harry's brilliant youth policy...who am I forgetting?