NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Whilst I'm all for signing up and coming talent, we really need a defender who's ready to play in the PL.

I'd be happy with a promising centre back who could provide cover in the short term. With Williamson back it's not as if a young lad would be forced into playing immediately.

Huge history of drink problems and one of those blamed for the dressing room split and bullying at Villa last year.

No thanks.

Don't see how that's relevant but aye, I can't see this one being legit.

Because he is a bad apple, doesn't take care of himself, causes problems in the dressing room, is disliked by team mates.

There are a lot of things wrong with him. He is the sort of player that should be avoided at all costs, a player the old pre-relegation Newcastle would have signed.

Whilst I'm all for signing up and coming talent, we really need a defender who's ready to play in the PL.

I'd be happy with a promising centre back who could provide cover in the short term. With Williamson back it's not as if a young lad would be forced into playing immediately.

I'd rather we signed someone like this than someone who'd expect to play straight away. When Taylor is back we'd be a more healthy squad if we have someone promising and Williamson as back up rather than four defenders who'd all expect to play.

Huge history of drink problems and one of those blamed for the dressing room split and bullying at Villa last year.

No thanks.

Don't see how that's relevant but aye, I can't see this one being legit.

Because he is a bad apple, doesn't take care of himself, causes problems in the dressing room, is disliked by team mates.

There are a lot of things wrong with him. He is the sort of player that should be avoided at all costs, a player the old pre-relegation Newcastle would have signed.

I hope we aren't targeting him because he's an average player who's past his better years. There's also rumours he's a bully in and aroud the dressing room. A previous drinking problem doesn't necessarily make you a bad apple.

It's irrelavent anyway, I agree with the crux of your point.

Never knew about the booze and bullying..............

Villa tried to fine him and Dunne over £200,000 last season for his behaviour but the PFA wouldn't sanction the figure as it is above the permitted level.

and little time or opportunity to conduct the sort of thorough research into prospective players for which Newcastle have become known

So for the last 12/15 months we have only be concentrating on Maiga? Not looked at any other forward? In that case we have fucked up, it's not a valid excuse.

This does give a tiny bit of hope mind:

“We’re not in that position this year and we’ll have to wait and see what the window brings up. But at the moment, that’s where we’re at.”