Steven Taylor back soon

Forster has looked as safe as houses in all but one of the games i've seen him play. His kicking needs work, but it's an easy fault to rectify. Krul is very talented, but looks all over the place when it comes to claiming high balls. Both very good prospects.

not if he can't fuckin kick the ball it's not

Both of our last two keepers have been flakey with thier kicking at best - Given had a real crisis of confidence for a fair while whenever the ball was at his feet and almost every kick seemed to veer off at unpredictable angles.  A bit like Titus' heading at times.

Wasn't Forster Norwich's player of the season?

For a keeper to get that award in a team that stormed the league and scored the most goals, he obviously has something about him.

Forster came 2nd in the player of the season to Grant Holt, but he did win the League 1 Keeper of Year (whatever its called).

Wasn't Forster Norwich's player of the season?

For a keeper to get that award in a team that stormed the league and scored the most goals, he obviously has something about him.

Forster came 2nd in the player of the season to Grant Holt, but he did win the League 1 Keeper of Year (whatever its called).

i think he won the supporters player of the year or somesuch.

Forster has looked as safe as houses in all but one of the games i've seen him play. His kicking needs work, but it's an easy fault to rectify. Krul is very talented, but looks all over the place when it comes to claiming high balls. Both very good prospects.

Erm, what?

It's just great news we've got two highly rated keepers on our books with one signed up for the next 4 years. Tim Krul had that game, while Forster has put in a award winning season in League One. Both need game time, if Harper is No1 next season i'd be tempted to loan both out and loan in a cover (or free) for ourselves. Might sound a tad strange, but both need games, especially Krul, I'm sure a 30 something on a free would be happy playing understudy to Harper while not holding back these two young prospects.

Its a fair point, like. As you said, Krul is in definite need of a run of games so I think a loan move for the season to the Championship (example) would suit everyone.

It's just great news we've got two highly rated keepers on our books with one signed up for the next 4 years. Tim Krul had that game, while Forster has put in a award winning season in League One. Both need game time, if Harper is No1 next season i'd be tempted to loan both out and loan in a cover (or free) for ourselves. Might sound a tad strange, but both need games, especially Krul, I'm sure a 30 something on a free would be happy playing understudy to Harper while not holding back these two young prospects.

Aye, I've said this a few times in the past few weeks.

Erm, what?

pretty clear what i said really

As clear as the rest of your nonsense, perhaps.

can you name me another keeper who has started with a problem kicking has gone on to overcome it? they never do

it's about technique and you can't make that better if it doesn't exist at the start - lots of keepers look VERY uncomfortable with the ball at their feet and will do so their whole careers

clear enough for you?

Given's kicking improved. It was terrible when he first joined.

Edwin VDS has become a very accomplished kicker over time.

He's one of the best keepers I've seen saving with their feet as well.

EVS never had an issue, he's been one of the most accomplished keepers with the ball at his feet his whole career.  Given I honestly don't agree that he improved that much but yeah, maybe an improvement over the 10 or so years he was here.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

EVS never had an issue, he's been one of the most accomplished keepers with the ball at his feet his whole career.  Given I honestly don't agree that he improved that much but yeah, maybe an improvement over the 10 or so years he was here.

For what its worth most of our youth keepers have poor kicking too, think its safe to say that kicking isn't Paul Barron's strongest area in training. Hopefully the new Academy Keeper Coach can set things right!

Given's kicking improved most under Souness I think, whoever it was got him to start kicking with his head down, it was so over forced the head movement i used to think WTF? It certainly helped, not sure if he still does it today or not.

Heard this morning that Liverpool want him quite badly.

oh dear, i've always thought taylor would do well in a settled defence and good coaching

seems like we'll probably find out - he'll make the england squad next season if that move goes through