World Cup 2010 Pre-Tournament Thread

James

Guest Heneage

Lovenkrands said on the telly he rang up the Danish boss and said he didn't want to be considered.

I debate if he'd have made it. Tomasson won't be dropped, and I think the others have been playing at a high level, if I can remember the others right, it's Soren Larsen, Bendtner, and Rasmussen.

Lovenkrands not going to the World Cup is a disgrace.  :-[

So Lovenkrands losing his father and choosing to spend the summer with his family so he can focus on the new season in the PL with us is a disgrace?  :undecided:

Didn't know that. Fair play to him, then. :thup:

Guest kingdawson

John Terry has been taken to hospital with a suspected broken metatarsal.

Great news.

Capello must have sneered at the idea of an 'England jinx' when he arrived.

Wonder what he thinks now.

That it's superstition and that this is nothing but coincidences and bad luck like any rational and intelligent human being.

Guest Stephen927

The prospect of going into the World Cup group stages with Terry and Ferdinand out is worrying. I don't care about Terrys personal life, he's the best centre back England have.

Capello must have sneered at the idea of an 'England jinx' when he arrived.

Wonder what he thinks now.

That it's superstition and that this is nothing but coincidences and bad luck like any rational and intelligent human being.

Cole injured. Beckham, Rooney, Barry, Ferdinand injured. Now Terry possibly injured. Then theres all the personal stuff thats part and parcel of tournament year - affairs, divorces etc. The closer the tournament is, the more things seem to be going wrong. Obviously yes, its a coincidence, it can't be anything else. But its still very unlucky and worse than probably any other nation.

FAO: Yanks

How big is the chance of Klijestan making the 23-man cut? Want his name on the back of my US shirt, but would be a bit redundant if he didn't make it. :lol:

80%+ 

I reckon he'd have to get injured not to be on the plane to SA.

FAO: Yanks

How big is the chance of Klijestan making the 23-man cut? Want his name on the back of my US shirt, but would be a bit redundant if he didn't make it. :lol:

He's probably the only one I can't tell you definitively. A few years ago there was no doubt, but he's really struggled with the full first team in recent callups. I think Bob Bradley see's his talent though, and will call him up if he has a pretty good camp. I'd probably wait until June 1 to order it if I were you.

Guest geordienorway

Italy (prelim 30)

Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus), Morgan De Sanctis (Napoli), Federico Marchetti (Cagliari), Salvatore Sirigu (Palermo);

Gianluca Zambrotta (AC Milan), Fabio Cannavaro (Juventus), Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus), Christian Maggio (Napoli), Leonardo Bonucci (Bari), Fabio Grosso (Juventus), Domenico Criscito (Genoa), Mattia Cassani (Palermo), Salvatore Bocchetti (Genoa);

Andrea Pirlo (Milan), Gennaro Gattuso (Milan), Daniele De Rossi (Roma), Riccardo Montolivo (Fiorentina), Mauro Camoranesi (Juventus), Angelo Palombo (Sampdoria), Antonio Candreva (Juventus), Andrea Cossu (Cagliari), Claudio Marchisio (Juventus), Simone Pepe (Udinese);

Fabio Quagliarella (Napoli), Giuseppe Rossi (Villarreal), Vincenzo Iaquinta (Juventus), Antonio Di Natale (Udinese), Marco Borriello (Milan), Alberto Gilardino (Fiorentina), Giampaolo Pazzini (Sampdoria).

Wow that's 29 out of 30 playing in the Italian league. 

Italy (prelim 30)

Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus), Morgan De Sanctis (Napoli), Federico Marchetti (Cagliari), Salvatore Sirigu (Palermo);

Gianluca Zambrotta (AC Milan), Fabio Cannavaro (Juventus), Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus), Christian Maggio (Napoli), Leonardo Bonucci (Bari), Fabio Grosso (Juventus), Domenico Criscito (Genoa), Mattia Cassani (Palermo), Salvatore Bocchetti (Genoa);

Andrea Pirlo (Milan), Gennaro Gattuso (Milan), Daniele De Rossi (Roma), Riccardo Montolivo (Fiorentina), Mauro Camoranesi (Juventus), Angelo Palombo (Sampdoria), Antonio Candreva (Juventus), Andrea Cossu (Cagliari), Claudio Marchisio (Juventus), Simone Pepe (Udinese);

Fabio Quagliarella (Napoli), Giuseppe Rossi (Villarreal), Vincenzo Iaquinta (Juventus), Antonio Di Natale (Udinese), Marco Borriello (Milan), Alberto Gilardino (Fiorentina), Giampaolo Pazzini (Sampdoria).

Wow that's 29 out of 30 playing in the Italian league. 

Not as impressive as Engerland.