World Cup 2010 Pre-Tournament Thread

James

Which goalkeeper will be England's Nr. 1 btw? Or who will be the favourite to be?

I'd hope James but reckon it could be Green as he seems to have played all of the recent fixtures.

GK: Hart, James, Green

DEF: G Johnson, Carragher (unfortunately), Terry, Ferdinand, King, Upson, A Cole, Warnock

MID: Lennon, Walcott, Lampard, Gerrard, Barry, Milner, Carrick, J Cole

FOR: Rooney, Heskey, Crouch, Defoe

.....and Adam Johnson gets unlucky.

btw, Haris Vuckic didn't make Slovenia's provisional

http://www.worldcup2010southafrica.org.uk/2010-world-cup-news/slovenia-name-provisional-30-man-squad/

Kind of annoyed the press seem to think Michael Dawson is a surprise inclusion. He's easily been one of the best centerback's in the league this season, and that's really hard for me to say, as I really dislike the cunt.

Brazil

Goalkeepers: Julio César, Gomes, Doni

Defence: Daniel Alves, Maicon, Gilberto, Michel Bastos, Lúcio, Luisão, Juan, Thiago Silva

Midfield: Gilberto Silva, Josué, Ramires, Felipe Melo, Kaká, Elano, Kléberson, Júlio Baptista

Attack: Luís Fabiano, Robinho, Nilmar, Grafite

Yes, that really is Spurs' Gilberto and Man United's Kleberson.

England's squad is so underwhelming on paper. Unconvincing keepers, crocked defence and, Rooney aside, the forwards are just not good enough.

We're gonna win it.

I'm guessing Milner will also be considered as potential cover for RB.

Brazil

Defence: Daniel Alves, Maicon, Gilberto, Michel Bastos, Lúcio, Luisão, Juan, Thiago Silva

Midfield: Gilberto Silva, Josué, Ramires, Felipe Melo, Kaká, Elano, Kléberson, Júlio Baptista

No Diego???

Brazil have always had weak centre-mids which is why I usually suggest a DM (Silva/Josue) and an AM (Diego). That's probably the weakest squad they have had in a while.

Yeah, don't be expecting much Samba from that Brazil team.

Dunga keeps things tight and mechanical for Brazil. They'll still do very well I feel, but they're not gonna be putting on that much of a show.

Still it's a shame when you think of all the talented players that have been left out, Ronaldinho, Diego, Pato, Ronaldo, Adriano...etc.

Brazil

No Ronaldo :undecided:

Brazil

I that official? No Ronaldinho, no Diego, no Pato? Brazil's chances of winning the World Cup are "zero" now imo.

Brazil

I that official? No Ronaldinho, no Diego, no Pato? Brazil's chances of winning the World Cup are "zero" now imo.

I wouldn't really say that. After a tough start, Dunga has got some momentum and they'll be right in the mix.

I know Dunga has a reputation for picking 11 team players rather than individuals, but that is taking the piss. Some of those choices are laughable, but when you see whos been left out.......its incredible  :idiot2:

Brazil

I wouldn't really say that. After a tough start, Dunga has got some momentum and they'll be right in the mix.

Still, he takes Grafite to the World Cup! Grafite? Who has basically been shit all season and has played a big part that Wolfsburg have been mid-table this season instead of competing for European places. And Kleberson? Josue? Gilberto?

I can't understand that. But at least it will increase the chances of England to win that thing.

Brazil

Still, he takes Grafite to the World Cup! Grafite? Who has basically been shit all season and has played a big part that Wolfsburg have been mid-table this season instead of competing for European places. And Kleberson? Josue? Gilberto?

I can't understand that. But at least it will increase the chances of England to win that thing.

Aren't you German? ???